No announcement yet.

Marineland Remembered

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marineland Remembered

For anyone that remembers Marineland of the Pacific in Palos Verdes, California..theres an exibit at the Point Vincente Interpretive Center featuring souvineers and items from Marineland.

On another note, I was walking behind an undisclosed location where I stumbled upon Bubbles the whale, and old Marineland Facades.

Heres a pic of where he was when Marineland was operational.

Kind of sad actually...poor bubbles

Re: Marineland Remembered

Thanks for the info. My Dad used to have his company picnics there and I really enjoyed that place.

Re: Marineland Remembered

[youtube]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Two great sites with lots of info and photos of Marineland of the Pacific.

I remember going there a few times in the 70s as a kid, including once on a field trip with my school, but in its later years it tended to get eclipsed by SeaWorld in San Diego. It closed in 1987.

There's also a book, A Photographic Journey Back To Marineland of the Pacific, written by former Marineland gift shop clerk and camera boy Jim Patryla. Related items include a calendar and a CD of Marineland sounds, originally sold in Marineland shops on LP.
      Last edited by TiaDalmaFan; 07-14-2007, 08:20 PM.

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.