This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the Future Press Event at USH

Back to the Future Press Event at Universal Studios Hollywood with Bob Gale and Christopher Lloyd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqZLA1iXy3k

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Re: Back to the Future Press Event at USH

:crybye: Good bye BTTF!!

hello simpsons... ehhh :sleep:

Comment

Why are the celebrating its closure?

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
        Why are the celebrating its closure?
        They aren't celebrating it's closure.. they are celebrating the many years it has been open and the millions of guests it has entertained.

Comment

Absolutely ridiculous. Hollywood gets a month long celebration and Orlando, where the ride originated just gets it quietly shutdown. Grrrrrr

Comment

Yeah, when we were at USH last month, we figured that it would be our last time on BTTF, so we asked the CM there if we could have our own "car", since there are six of us and it will be our last time. He complied.

We took several pictures of the car and the kids standing next to it and sitting in it. Even a few of them sitting there pushing the dashboard buttons.

Great way to finish up our BTTF "experience", and great momento's of the ride.

I would have to say that we enjoyed BTTF at least a hundred times over the years. All four of our kids enjoyed it as soon as they were tall enough to, and I even got my 82 year old Grandfather on it some years back.

I just wish that I had pics of that!

Comment

Originally posted by kcnole View Post
              Absolutely ridiculous. Hollywood gets a month long celebration and Orlando, where the ride originated just gets it quietly shutdown. Grrrrrr
              Maybe Orlando will reopen BTTF it in about nine years with a overlay about a computer generated fish getting lost?

Comment

Originally posted by kcnole View Post
                Maybe because the movie stars and producers of BTTF didn't want to fly all the way down to Florida. The same reason the backlot is so under-used compared to Hollywood's.

Comment

Were you in a BTTF or Jaws shirt? I was in the green "Flux Capacitor + DeLorean + 88mph = the Future" shirt.
                  "Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Does any one know how many Deloreans they were able to gather for the event?

anybody have any pics of the press event?

Comment

Originally posted by sailerm View Post
                      Does any one know how many Deloreans they were able to gather for the event?

anybody have any pics of the press event?
                      I've got a few pics of the event that I will be posting soon. As for the number of DeLoreans, I only know that there were quite a few on hand. if you go here, you can see a pic of the USH parking lot.
                      "Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Darkwing Chuck View Post
                        Were you in a BTTF or Jaws shirt? I was in the green "Flux Capacitor + DeLorean + 88mph = the Future" shirt.
                        Neither. Unfortunately I don't have any BTTF merchandise except for the BTTF die cast metal car I just bought. Someone got lucky and had Chris sign it! USH is missing yet another chance on merchandising. I know I saw Suncoast selling BTTF shirts. I'm not sure if I saw you in the shirt you describe. I was, haha, wearing a red Spider-man shirt. But I was using my monopod to record the event...

Little kids and the general public seemed to be excited for The Simpsons ride... but not the devoted diehard fans of course

Actually, coming off of BTTF, this teenage couple didn't like it. But given that BTTF has been in poor maintenance... and the couple looked more like thrillseekers mentioning they would rather be at Knott's Berry Farm... yeah, I didn't care for their comment

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                        -Jurassic Park

Comment

I'm going to Universal on Monday to ride back to the future. and with the 2nd day free, well, I shall be going again sometime soon!! Can't wait, since I missed the E.T ride before it closed

Orlando doing good
                          http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
                          Princess of Randomness

Comment

^ Don't forget your specially marked can of Coke...

-Jurassic Park

Comment

I'm sad to see the back to the future ride go. It was a high quality ride. Replacing it with a Simpson's ride is gonna be interesting...
                              :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X