Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geauga Lake & Wildwater Kingdom in Aurora, Ohio, will become exclusively a water park

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geauga Lake & Wildwater Kingdom in Aurora, Ohio, will become exclusively a water park

http://www.cedarfair.com/ir/press_releases...mp;story_id=133

I am sorry to see another park go, but some of these rides might end up at Knott's or the other Cedar Fair parks.

Re: Geauga Lake & Wildwater Kingdom in Aurora, Ohio, will become exclusively a water

They had already been moving some of the coasters, like x-flight out. It is no surprise they are getting rid of the rest. Raging Wolf Bobs and the other old woodie (Great Dipper? ) were painful to ride and I won't miss them much. Whne I went there a few years ago it was still Six Flags Worlds of Adventure and it was the best Six Flags I had been too.

Comment

Re: Geauga Lake & Wildwater Kingdom in Aurora, Ohio, will become exclusively a water

I wish that I had made time to visit during my Roller Coaster Road Trip last year. We stayed very close, but were coastered out.

Comment

While disapointing news, it's not unexpected. The area simpley can no longer support the number of parks it once did. Many people will blame CF, other's will blame SF, and Busch for bailing out of the area. Funtime which sold it to Premier (now known as SF) probably saw the handwriting on the wall when they were made an offer they couldn't refuse. There were a lot of small to medium size parksin their death throws if not already dead in that area. They took the money and ran.

Comment

I heard that a lot of the rides will end up at King's Island like X-Flight did. Although, if it were true, you'd think they would already be clearing the land for it.
          Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X