X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never going to Knott's again

Re: Never going to Knott's again

Boooo. Sorry you had such a bad day. I haven't been to Knotts in maybe 5 years or more. Even then it was so much different then back when you described. In fact it took my friend and I 4 hours to do everything before we were bored and left (obviously on a slow day compared to your nightmare day).

Comment

I would like to add a few more things.....

The park was clean....no complaints there. And no complaints about the employees....except there just were enough of them in certain places. As I said, the parking lot was a free for all, totally different than Disneyland where you have a CM every few feet pointing you to exactly where you should park. Also, as I said, there were no employees keeping an eye on guests and line jumping was a big problem.

Something else I noticed.....with the massive crowds and massive lines, there were no signs estimating how long of a wait there was for each attraction. I am sure if my friends knew they were going to have to wait almost 2 hours for a 90 second rollercoaster ride, they would have passed on it.

All the food locations seemed to be open and were very busy. Maybe if the park was totally empty and there was no wait, it would have been a better time. But then again, I have no desire to ride Spin-N-Puke rides, which make up 80% of Knott's attraction lists.

Justin

Chuck Norris does not kick *** and take names. In fact, Chuck Norris kicks *** and assigns the corpse a number. It is currently recorded to be in the billions.

Comment

my cousin went to knotts about a week ago and was disappointed as well. the last time I went was about four years ago, (when they put in the new parking area and was building the hotel) and I thought "THIS IS A THEME PARK???????"

well,,,,,,,,, it used to be. it used to have charm, atmosphere, excitement. now, it looks like a corporate owned and operated state fair.

sorry folks, but I have better things to do than be bored to death at knotts. as al lutz likes to say "i'll see ya at Disneyland"

I havent been back to (and absolutely wont) knotts.

they might as well change the name of the park to "no folks this is not six flags"

Comment

Most days at Knott's aren't that busy. There is a reason to avoid the park the first few weekends in December, and you just found out why. Those are the 2 busiest weekends for the parks because everybody wants to get in for $10.

Comment

Tough to argue any of the complaints. Going on a toys for tots day is asking for disappointment. My family went the prior week and we knew what to expect.

Comment

I haven't been to Knott's Berry Farm in at least 10 years - for the 'less than Disneyland' reasons. Disneyland is by far the best place...and while Knott's did used to have a 'small' charm, wife and I feel it has lost that over the past 15 years or so. It's sad.......

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                I haven't been to Knott's Berry Farm in at least 10 years - for the 'less than Disneyland' reasons. Disneyland is by far the best place...and while Knott's did used to have a 'small' charm, wife and I feel it has lost that over the past 15 years or so. It's sad.......
                ayep....

Comment

Sigh... more Knott's bashing. You happened to go on an unfortunate weekend. Basically, no one would have a good time when it was that crowded. (I could argue many times I hated Disney when all the lines were really long...)

However, I would argue the park continues to have its charms. Is it a Disney? No, of course not. But let's realize that practically every other amusement park in the country looks like Magic Mountain. (Busch Gardens Europe being a very notable exception.) You also have unique rides (many of which are family friendly) that are not found anywhere else (Sierra Sidewinder--the only one of its kind in the world, Stagecoach, Timber Mountain log ride--better than Splash Mountain for my money, Perilous Plunge, Excelerator--the first of it's kind, Screamin Swing--the first of its kind, and the upcoming one-of-a-kind Pony Express). If you went again when the crowds were much less, I think you would have a vastly different experience.
                  Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Its unfair to say that you wouldn't go to Knott's again only because the day you went was crowded w/ rude teenagers. you just happened to go on a day where Knott's has its annual Toys for Tots weekends. let me tell you that, i was there on the 8th of this month (during a Toys for Tots day), and although the park was crowded i still manage to enjoy the day and had fun.

Just give it another chance...

Hmmm... let me remind people here that the same goes to Disneyland and any other theme/amusement parks in the whole world. if i remember correctly, DL suffers from rude and pushy tourist and teenagers as well. Add that to crowded days and 1-2 hr wait lines is a recipe for disaster.

I know this card has been played countless times, but its the only way to get a point across. Knott's is not DL and/or will never be DL.

Comment

The last time we went was on the bring a toy day as well. We had three tickets anyway for a company picnic, but that bring a toy thing just seemed to bring in a rough crowd. Yes, there were families and it was very heartwarming to watch the father teach his 3 year old how to aim a toy gun at people with instructions of aim for the head or chest. Just so touching...as the day went on it only got worse. Although the tears tattooed onto the face/cheeks of some of the women was interesting... we left around 4pm and have never been back. This was about 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                        when my parents were teens they used to got o knotts and they loved it. When we went back about 10 years ago they were very disappointed, not just because it was toys for tots weekend, but the park had changed so much. In there opinion for the worst.

That was my fourth time going to knotts in my whole life. As a child it was ok. I liked the parachute ride. It's gone now. I wen as a teenager with my cousins. We had fun, but I don't recall any of the park or rides. We just had fun as a group. Then i went to knotts scary farm (hated it) the last time was the toys for tots weekend and like I said we only went because it was a company picnic day and we had free tickets anyway. There's just nothing there to make me want to go back.

Comment

So long as they still have the corpse that sits up in the hearse wagon I'm happy! Do they?

Comment

The "corpse" is a skeleton dressed in a suit, I believe. He was last over across the walkway from the Stagecoach entrance but not sure if he's still there. Darkbeer?

The one small curio I miss most from the park is all the dioramas of the Missions. What advantage was gained by pulling those offstage?
                            Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                              when my parents were teens they used to got o knotts and they loved it. When we went back about 10 years ago they were very disappointed, not just because it was toys for tots weekend, but the park had changed so much. In there opinion for the worst.

That was my fourth time going to knotts in my whole life. As a child it was ok. I liked the parachute ride. It's gone now. I wen as a teenager with my cousins. We had fun, but I don't recall any of the park or rides. We just had fun as a group. Then i went to knotts scary farm (hated it) the last time was the toys for tots weekend and like I said we only went because it was a company picnic day and we had free tickets anyway. There's just nothing there to make me want to go back.
                              I'm not big on Knott's Scary Farm either - I went in 1987, 1995, and 1998 - and that was it - it doesn't scare me, it just frustrates me, all of these goulish characters jumping in my face and getting my way - and people running into me screaming because someone is chasing them......and these hellish types of haunted houses throughout the park - it's to 'dark' for me and more of an irritant than anything, so I just avoid it all together - Knott's has lost it's 'personality' in my opinion.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X