X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain - Feb 3, 2008

Originally posted by robbalvey View Post

Thanks for sharing your pics and for exposing the truth of hideous cranial experiments apparently taking place at this facility, poor Tweety! Damn you Six Flags butchers!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Those parking lot trams have been around since AT LEAST 1979, which means in actuality probably since park opening. Cracks me up!

And love the magazine funnel cake maker reader

Comment

Wow, the park was TOTALLY dead.

I think it might be time to get some SFMM passes this year. It's been since September (I think ... whenever we went to your DVD party) of '06 since we've been.

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
          Thanks for sharing your pics and for exposing the truth of hideous cranial experiments apparently taking place at this facility, poor Tweety! Damn you Six Flags butchers!
          Oh holy hell :lmao:

BTW, great trip report. I found it highly amusing with your commentary.

Comment

You're funny! I love your TRs. Anyway...last time I had funnel cake there, I carried it through the door and the fan thingy blew the powdered sugar all over me! Good times! I haven't been to SFMM in A LONG TIME! Most of my memories are from the Golden Age when it first opened.
            I want my cake back!
            sigpic

Comment

Not pretty!....It makes me cringe to see that park in the condition it's in!
              But, this was hilarious!

Comment

It's really great too see Magic Mountain get some updates and care. It was trully over due for improvements.
                When I was there last, the Revolution queue looked like a garbage heap.
                1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Great TR Robb. Going to the Mountain this weekend for the g/f's birthday. Getting her a Xtreme Pass.
                  There tends to be a lot of six flags bashers around, which, i can see some of their points, but not every park is Disney. I used to be not as into MM as a i am now, but the place is a blast. Sure, not everything is as pretty, and yeah, the tram is older than me, but hey, so is my car, but its still a fun place to go.
                  But i always look forward to going up to MM. Fright Fest is super sweet as well.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

Comment

Wonderful TR so many of those pics take me back to my teenage years! I haven;t been in so long and I didn't miss it till recently. I just need my kids to grow so we can really enjoy the park, with the improvement they are making by then the park should be georgous.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

What a great TR! You captured some true gems and my my my what a HIDEOUS park! I haven't gone in maybe 4 years but it just looks awful.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Thanks for sharing! Great photos!
                        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by robbalvey View Post
                          ^ I agree that the park isn't in the best of states right now, but you have to understand that a lot of what's making it look bad right now are needed to make improvements in the future.

They have removed rides that have been standing and not operating (eyesores) for many years, old rides that would give the park more of a "carnival" feel, and re-painting and refurbishing rides so they don't look old and worn down.

If anything, these are all improvements that the park has needed for many years.

For example, I would love to see Disneyland do something with Tomorrowland. I personally think the old Peoplemover/Rocket Rods track that sprawls all over the land looks just terrible since it's just rotting away. It's examples like this that Magic Mountain is finally doing something about after many years. (Flashback stood dormant since 2003!)

--Robb
                          Have to agree with you on all of this Robb. I'm glad they are getting rid of some of the more "carni" rides. My trips to MM have been few and far bewtween in the past, but latley, i have noticed that with each trip, they are striving more and more for improvment of everything in the park. I'm sure they would have done this long ago, if they had a Disney sized budget, but they dont. Have to make due with what they have. But in watching some of your videos over at TPR, it seems like management is making an honest effort to fix the park, and their, image.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBob View Post
                            Have to agree with you on all of this Robb. I'm glad they are getting rid of some of the more "carni" rides. My trips to MM have been few and far bewtween in the past, but latley, i have noticed that with each trip, they are striving more and more for improvment of everything in the park. I'm sure they would have done this long ago, if they had a Disney sized budget, but they dont. Have to make due with what they have. But in watching some of your videos over at TPR, it seems like management is making an honest effort to fix the park, and their, image.
                            I'm REALLY glad that SFMM is making improvements.

Alot of people talk about Disneyland and they want it to be the way it was. For me (and alot of other people) that park that we remember how awesome it was IS SFMM. And from the mid-80's to early 90's, it was an AWESOME park. Had great coasters, and also great flat-rides that were kind of carny in most cases, but maintained well and fun to ride.

To be honest, I'm kind of torn on the Circus Wheel. And VERY upset that Swiss Twist ... er, Sierra Twist is going. Round-Up ... eh, haven't ridden it in years, so it can go. That leaves what, 6 flat-rides in the entire park? (Buccaneer, Swings, Round-Up, Atom Smasher, Scrambler, Bumper Cars). Am I forgetting something?

I think the addition of Thomas is great, but in the process they are removing another family ride to put in it's place.

I hope SFMM plans on investing in some newer generation flat rides in the near future.

I also like that they got Holmes Depot to be a sponsor. Hopefully that means some nice landscaping in the future, especially around Tatsu.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post

I also like that they got Holmes Depot to be a sponsor. Hopefully that means some nice landscaping in the future, especially around Tatsu.

It's very nice. You should make a trip up 'Clinks. Not as horrible and ghetto as everyone makes it seem.

Comment

Yeah, we'll be getting passes this year at some point.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X