X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many Rides Get New Name, Updates At Kings Island

MASON, Ohio --
    I'm sorry, these are some of the dumbest names. Can't they think of anything better????
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Re: Many Rides Get New Name, Updates At Kings Island

I hope the Tomb Raider queue stays at least mostly intact, as it is one of the best non-Disney queues in the world. These name changes really suck, Cedar Fair sucks at theming and naming. Paramount did a much better job, granted they had movies to choose from, but can't Cedar Fair come up with something better than Drop Tower, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Flight Deck, or the Crypt? Hey Cedar Fair, Joe's Carnival is calling they want their ride names back.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
      I hope the Tomb Raider queue stays at least mostly intact, as it is one of the best non-Disney queues in the world. These name changes really suck, Cedar Fair sucks at theming and naming. Paramount did a much better job, granted they had movies to choose from, but can't Cedar Fair come up with something better than Drop Tower, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Flight Deck, or the Crypt? Hey Cedar Fair, Joe's Carnival is calling they want their ride names back.
      I am suprised they did rename everything Snoopy. lol. As for Tomb Raider, I hope that all of the props and theming are aleast still there in some form but this is Cedar Fair.
      Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

yeah, I'm gonna cast my vote for "lame" as well!

Comment

Wow, I'm totally shocked they didn't rename Happy Days Diner "Coasters".

Comment

Originally posted by Kuzcochik View Post
            yeah, I'm gonna cast my vote for "lame" as well!
            Well at least, we still have "The Beast". The world most famous wooden roller coaster and the "Son Of Beast".
            Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
              Well at least, we still have "The Beast". The world most famous wooden roller coaster and the "Son Of Beast".
              That is very true. i was happy to see neither of those on the list. (even though I still have a vendetta against "Son of Beast")

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
                I am suprised they did rename everything Snoopy. lol. As for Tomb Raider, I hope that all of the props and theming are aleast still there in some form but this is Cedar Fair.
                Seems this ride will need more then a name change since it uses video, music, and narration tired to the movie and video game. They will have to change much of that.

Comment

Originally posted by AtomicBear View Post
                  Seems this ride will need more then a name change since it uses video, music, and narration tired to the movie and video game. They will have to change much of that.
                  Considering this is Cedar Fair, we will probably get no video, music, or narration to replace what was lost. I wish Paramount kept the park. Kings Island is a great park, and one of my favorites that isn't a Disney park.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
                    Considering this is Cedar Fair, we will probably get no video, music, or narration to replace what was lost. I wish Paramount kept the park. Kings Island is a great park, and one of my favorites that isn't a Disney park.
                    Plus it was kind of like a Disney park with the four lands, well five (lol) and central icon, the Eiffel Tower. Let see International Street, Coney Mall, Hanna-Barbera Land, Rivertown, and Wild Animal Safari. Then we got Oktoberfest, Action Zone, Nick Splat City, Waterworks. Finally Nick Universe ( formerly H-B Land & Nick Splat City) and Boomerang Bay (formerly Waterwork. A ton of celebrities work at this park Like Nick, what his name? lol married to Jessica Simpsons once and Carmen Electra. Oh the Brady Bunch and Patridge Family had TV episodes here as well.

My brother was planning on writing a book on the park but someone else is already doing one. There is alot of history and cool facts about Kings Island, what would make an interesting read.

Comment

Wow, Flight Deck for Top Gun? I think that is officially the dumbest name I haver ever heard. I'm glad they aren't going to rename the Beast, Son of Beast, Vortex, & Flight of Fear.

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X