This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Six Flags Mark Shapiro Interview & X2 Update

I just listend to the interview over on TPR and loved it. It seems like Shapiro has a vision and has some smarts that have been lacking at Six Flags. I've never been to MAgic Mountain, but I am more likely to go now.

Comment

Those X trains look awesome. I love the Blue against the Black and red (if that is the final color).

Will all trains be the same color?

As we always said, X had the 'potential' to be the best coaster ever. And when it was rideable it was indeed pretty awesome. Hopefully with the new trains it will give more consistent rides.

Thanks for the pics. I'll have to listen to the interview when I get home from work.

Comment

That's really awesome! It seems like they're really taking the park in a new and much better direction.

Comment

Thats very cool. Thanks for the update! I'm happy to see Magic Mountain starting to return to its former glory.
          Out of the NIGHT....
          When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
          Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
          ---------------------------------------

Comment

This is awesome news. Finally Six Flags hired someone that "gets it" when it comes to operating a Theme park. Thanks for the update!

Comment

Awesome update Robb. X scares the the hell out of me, but i'm looking forward to giving X2 a shot. Then i'll decide wether or not it will be on my list. )

Havent listened to the interview yet, but your bullett points makes it sound that the park is heading in a very promising direction. I like the thought of them themeing more rides, not just slapping a coaster somewhere. I think they started with Batman, and have made some progress over the years.

Anyway, as always Robb, you get the scoop, and deliver it to us. Good work! Carry on.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

Comment

Just listened to the interview. Great questions Robb. I like all the references to the Tilt A Whirl. Seems like the management up there is definetly getting their act together. I like that they are not taking the same approach as the previous management company did.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBob View Post
                  I think they started with Batman, and have made some progress over the years.
                  Yeah, that started pretty good with Batman and stretched to Riddlers, Superman and Goliath (well, the queue anyway).

Once they got to X, Deja vu and ESPECIALLY Scream, they just said screw-it.

I hope some plan to better theme Scream (and perhaps a name-change) is somewhere in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                    I hope some plan to better theme Scream (and perhaps a name-change) is somewhere in the works.
                    I had never been on "Scream" until I went for MLK Day last month. That was really bad. It kinda reminded me of when you're playing "Roller Coaster Tycoon" and you want to spruce up the area around your coaster but you're low on funds so you just stick trees next to the building and hope it will help.
                    The fact that you can see into the backstage areas very easily is horrible. Not to mention the painted parking stalls in the concrete under the tracks.
                    Out of the NIGHT....
                    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
                    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
                    ---------------------------------------

Comment

Just listened to the interview. Good job Robb.

I love the Tilt A Whirl banter.

Was he eating while you were interviewing him?

Comment

^I was going to ask the same thing.

I think it's great Six Flags Magic Mountain is getting the attention and love it so desperately needs. Mark Shapiro may be the Matt Ouimet of Magic Mountain. 2011 will be the park's 40th Anniversary, hopefully these plans will be up and running by the that time, and they could have a true celebration for the park.

Those TVs they have all over the park need to be replaced by better HD-Tvs, because you can barely see what's on the screen as it is. I can't wait to ride X2 this May! The trains look awesome and I love the new paint scheme.

Comment

Well yeah, I don't think it was a bad thing. I just found it kind of funny.

But like you said, it shows what a laid-back guy he is. It's good to see from a CEO of a large company.

Comment

Great Post! I will listen to the whole thing tonite, BUT was there any mention of the Metro Monorail? I was just at the park a few months ago and it's all still there, the cars, the tract, the stations. Do they have any plans for it? THANKS!!!!
                            To view old Disneyland and Theme park tickets, visit my blog at:

http://vintagedisneylandtickets.blogspot.com/

Comment

how about a new eagles flight skyride?hate the hike to the top of the hill.
                              :crybye:long live the 1st vonroll type 101.the disneyland skyway.rest in peace old friend.love ya skyway! bring back the skyway!http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disneylandskyway/ My Facebook Skyway group http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=115004863923

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X