Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Flags Magic Mountain to get CSI Live!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Flags Magic Mountain to get CSI Live!

It seems that Magic Mountain will be getting a new live show based on the hit CBS show "CSI". This will begin June 14th and will play in the Magic Moments Theater. What's interesting to me is how they will create a theme park family oriented show around such a grusome television series
    Last edited by DL_CRAZE; 02-27-2008, 11:09 PM.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain to get CSI Live!

Hmmm, interesting.

Especially considering CSI is mostly filmed in the Santa Clarita/Valencia area.

Comment

Really? Which CSI is filmed in Santa Clarita? My favorite show, The Unit is filmed there =D

Comment

The company who did Newton's Revenge 2, the science show last year in Magic Moments, is the same company who is producing/staging CSI Live. Although it is a darker plot than the science show was, it will still be nicely integrated with the family friendly show quality the park is now striving for.

Keep an eye out for a Dance Dance Revolution and Guitar Hero Competition to take place during spring break at Magic Mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by aznshrek88 View Post
          Really? Which CSI is filmed in Santa Clarita? My favorite show, The Unit is filmed there =D
          Pretty much parts of EVERY episode are filmed in the area. The only parts that are filmed in Vegas are those that are 'distinctly' Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
            Hmmm, interesting.

Especially considering CSI is mostly filmed in the Santa Clarita/Valencia area.
            This is what I was thinking. I believe their main sound stage is in the Santa Clarita industrial park off Ave Stanford. Most episodes we can pick out a place or two that we know where it is.

I think its a good mix with Thomas Town going in that they are still keeping stuff up for all ages. I am sure the show will (hopefully) not be as grusome as the TV show (except during halloween maybe)

A little piece of heaven

Comment

We used to have a running gag about Universal doing the "Murder, She Wrote Action Spectacular."

Always nice when reality catches up with comedy.

Comment

So does this mean we'll see Universal's "Law and Order: The Ride" soon?

No really, I think they can make "CSI" family friendly. Heck, they made a kids' game on the NES for "Friday the 13th!" The game was bad, but still, you see my point?
                Check out these links:

www.ioacentral.com
                www.youtube.com/barryh1972
                www.myspace.com/barryhom
                www.themeparkreview.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                  So does this mean we'll see Universal's "Law and Order: The Ride" soon?

No really, I think they can make "CSI" family friendly. Heck, they made a kids' game on the NES for "Friday the 13th!" The game was bad, but still, you see my point?
                  Well that Friday the 13th game wasn't made for kids, video games on the NES just weren't very violent.

Comment

Actually, the Main Sound Stages (Indoor) for CSI (Las Vegas) are at Universal Studios, in the lower lot near Backdraft. I think they use 3 stages on a regular basis.
                    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

DB, you are correct. CSI used to film in soundstages in Santa Clarita, but moved to USH a couple of years ago. The outdoor scenes are still filmed in Santa Clarita. You need a lot of tract homes like in Vegas.
                      "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

That's really interesting that they would be doing that. I wonder what there motivation is behind that. It doesn't really seem like it would fit in well with the rest of the park. It really seems out of place.
                        Vacation Rentals Forum
                        Vacation Rentals
                        Travel Forum

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X