Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fun things are there to do in Carlsbad CA after Legoland closes

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What fun things are there to do in Carlsbad CA after Legoland closes

    We are going there next week for 4 or 5 days. The park closes at 5pm everyday which is quite ridiculous.

    So what fun things are there to do in the evenings with a 6 yr old boy? Is the only miniature golf course around the one inside Legoland? Any good videogame arcades around?

  • #2
    Re: What fun things are there to do in Carlsbad CA after Legoland closes

    I don't know about Carlsbad, but I know Oceanside has a nice downtown area with some special shops. Well, one in particular.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What fun things are there to do in Carlsbad CA after Legoland closes

      Is that where the disney store is? Is there anything fun for kids to do around there?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What fun things are there to do in Carlsbad CA after Legoland closes

        This is one of the big problems with Legoland (an otherwise great theme park), it just closes too early, keeping it open to 6PM would be much more reasonable, particularly if management wants to make LL a multi-day destination. I suspect the 6PM closing may happen in the next couple years as more stuff opens around LL including the Sea Life aquarium, the Sheraton, the Legoland hotel, and a possible water park.
        But to answer your original question, I don't know since when the park closes at 5PM we make our way back north to home.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What fun things are there to do in Carlsbad CA after Legoland closes

          The Disney Store is in the Carlsbad mall, which is located off Highway 78 at the El Camino Real exit, you can't miss it.
          At first when i saw the title of this thread, my answer was bar hop, then i read there was a 6 year old involved, so, i changed my mind...
          Anyway, I'm not sure as far as Carlsbad, but there is a Boomer's Family Fun Center, with arcade, mini-golf and bumper boats, and batting cages. Here is the link:http://www.boomersparks.com/park/vista/index.html
          Hope all this helps. If i can think of some other stuff, i will let you know.

          "The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What fun things are there to do in Carlsbad CA after Legoland closes

            Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
            I don't know about Carlsbad, but I know Oceanside has a nice downtown area with some special shops. Well, one in particular.
            That's a good idea Clinks, but there are a lot of area's of O'side that i don't think they would want to be in once it gets dark.....

            "The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What fun things are there to do in Carlsbad CA after Legoland closes

              Is the Lawrence Welk dinner theater still in Carlsbad?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What fun things are there to do in Carlsbad CA after Legoland closes

                Originally posted by sailerm View Post
                Is the Lawrence Welk dinner theater still in Carlsbad?
                That one I'm not sure of. The Lawrence Welk Resort is still just north of where i am in Escondido. They are trying to turn their image around. More from just old folks, to family friendly.

                "The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What fun things are there to do in Carlsbad CA after Legoland closes

                  I stayed at the Lawrence Welk Resort a couple years ago. Very nice rooms. Here is a link to the dinner theater.

                  When we go to Carlsbad, we mostly hang out at the timeshare. We have gone to Oceanside a couple times. There is a quaint downtown area in Carlsbad. I remember the kids loving the Children's museum.
                  Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                  I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.



                  May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

                  NO GOATS!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What fun things are there to do in Carlsbad CA after Legoland closes

                    The beach is always nice, especially since it doesn't get dark outside until close to 8pm! The beach is literally blocks ffrom LEGOLAND too.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What fun things are there to do in Carlsbad CA after Legoland closes

                      Originally posted by BroncoBob View Post
                      The Disney Store is in the Carlsbad mall, which is located off Highway 78 at the El Camino Real exit, you can't miss it.
                      At first when i saw the title of this thread, my answer was bar hop, then i read there was a 6 year old involved, so, i changed my mind...
                      Anyway, I'm not sure as far as Carlsbad, but there is a Boomer's Family Fun Center, with arcade, mini-golf and bumper boats, and batting cages. Here is the link:http://www.boomersparks.com/park/vista/index.html
                      Hope all this helps. If i can think of some other stuff, i will let you know.
                      Ok Thanks everyone. We are staying right across from the beach so we will do that one or two of the nights. Boomers looks like the place though. Videogames, Go Carts and Miniature Golf. We are definitely going there. Probably multiple nights.

                      Is that Disney store still have a big clearance sale like I read in a different thread? We are going to Disneyland for 3-4 days also (and thus will see mucho disney merch) and probably will go to that character warehouse place on Harbor as well. Not sure if another Disney store is worth going to if it charges full retail.

                      Has anyone here gone on the new Lost Kingdom Adventure ride at Legoland? If so how bad is the line? Does the line move really slow?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What fun things are there to do in Carlsbad CA after Legoland closes

                        Originally posted by sportbettor View Post

                        Is that Disney store still have a big clearance sale like I read in a different thread? We are going to Disneyland for 3-4 days also (and thus will see mucho disney merch) and probably will go to that character warehouse place on Harbor as well. Not sure if another Disney store is worth going to if it charges full retail.

                        I'm not sure about that clearance. I have not been out to that Disney store for a while.

                        "The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: What fun things are there to do in Carlsbad CA after Legoland closes

                          Originally posted by sportbettor View Post
                          Has anyone here gone on the new Lost Kingdom Adventure ride at Legoland? If so how bad is the line? Does the line move really slow?
                          I was there the second day the new land opened, and the ride for LK was very short. As a matter of fact we went on it twice in a row because there was no line. But.... I could easily see a big line developing when the park is crowded, and the ride load is slow as with most Legoland rides. They prepared a long queue area just in case...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: What fun things are there to do in Carlsbad CA after Legoland closes

                            Originally posted by vfire View Post
                            I was there the second day the new land opened, and the ride for LK was very short. As a matter of fact we went on it twice in a row because there was no line. But.... I could easily see a big line developing when the park is crowded, and the ride load is slow as with most Legoland rides. They prepared a long queue area just in case...
                            The crowds were huge for a couple weeks. That long queue you spoke of was not enough, and the line spilled out into the main plaza. I was surprised with the amount of queue that is there. The crowds have since calmed down CONSIDERABLY, and the park is not nearly busy, so I don't think you have anything to worry about

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: What fun things are there to do in Carlsbad CA after Legoland closes

                              Actually you can do what my family did on Wednesday... after LL closed at 5PM, we went to Disneyland to have fun until 11PM. That'll work when DL is open late.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X