This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simpsons Ride Employee Preview-Universal Studios Hollywood

I knew someone who worked at Universal Studios Hollywood so I ended up going (just got back actually) and I gotta say the ride was better than expected. I actually thought they were just going to slap a new coat of paint on the building...change the ride movie and that would have been it...but USH really put alot into the revamping of the building to fit the Simpsons theme. My only gripe was that the ride was so damn rough...maybe they were still working out the kinks...but overall a very good ride.

Re: Simpsons Ride Employee Preview-Universal Studios Hollywood

BTTF used to be awfully rough in Orlando but when I rode the Simpsons Ride in Orlando a few weeks ago it was nice and smooth. Maybe they're still working out the kinks in Hollywood.

Comment

Here are some pictures of the outside of the Simpsons building from the Employee Preview last night...they're from my cellphone, so they're not the best of quality:

Comment

Man for cellphone pics those are pretty awesome! Thanks for the short TR.
        "Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"-Donnie.... "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"-Frank the Bunny.....

Comment

Wow, nice cellphone pics.

Hopefully they work out the roughness.
          MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
          (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

Jeez! That facade looks better than Florida's!

Too bad about the roughness though, I know that when it was BTTF it was pretty rough too.

Comment

is it like a rollercoaster ride?

Comment

Originally posted by arielchica View Post
                is it like a rollercoaster ride?
                It's a motion simulator of a rollercoaster. At least during the beginning of the ride.

The facade looks very nice, I like the whimsical look of it more than the clean cut look for Florida's.

Comment

anyone know if it is soft opening at this moment?
                  "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
                    anyone know if it is soft opening at this moment?
                    It was open yesterday. So I'm assuming they'll keep periodically opening it until it officially opens on the 19th.

Comment

Awesomenesss! Those really are some great pictures for a cell phone! Thanks for reporting.
                      MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Thanks for the pictures!! I cant wait to ride this later this summer!
                        Out of the NIGHT....
                        When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
                        Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
                        ---------------------------------------

Comment

Question: is the queue similar to Florida's? With the 30-minute video and highly-themed "midway"? I hope that outside of the facade, the two rides are identical because that's what USH really needs...

Comment

Originally posted by goldenstate5 View Post
                            Question: is the queue similar to Florida's? With the 30-minute video and highly-themed "midway"? I hope that outside of the facade, the two rides are identical because that's what USH really needs...
                            As far as I know, the ride experience is exactly the same in Orlando and Hollywood. The facades are fairly similar also. You walk through a themed midway as clips from The Simpsons plays on the screens.

Comment

I just went on it, it was very ROUGH, umm, it was a good ride, I thought the screen looked kind of dim though. They opened it up today around 12:20 pm, i'm glad i was in the right place at the right time
                              "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
                              __________________________________________________________

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X