• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ride Warrior
    Iron-Clad Allie
    • Feb 2005

News Sea World's Revealing New Manta Concept Art

Welcome to Orlando United!

Many of you have likely seen the Manta concept art that is on the fase of this post. If you think this is exciting, wait until you see what awaits guests as illustrated in the amazing concept renderings at the above link!

Sea World is going all out to make Manta a breathtaking, exhilerating unique experience. The attraction is so multifacited that their truly is something that will appeal to almost everyone ..from the adrinalin thrill seeker to grandma.

Here's a list of the renderings -
    • Complete schematic layout of the coaster and it's surrounding land and water scapes.
    • The gorgeous entrance of Manta ..including a sparkling waterfall (cascading down a large rock formation) that guests pass by as they enter the rider queue / ocean life aquarium viewing area for non-riders. Note: There are two separate lines.
    • Brilliant waterfall for riders to view inside the queue itself.
    • Ray tank alongside the queue line.
    • Stairs through a colorful tunnel to the ride's loading platform.
    • A look down at the lush themed ladscape from the perspective of riders at the top of the lift hill.
    • Line for non-riders to experience the Ray exhibit.
    • Coral Reef for non-riders.
    • Large underwater viewing area for non-riders ..including viewing of ocean life thru windows directly over your had, as well as to the side.
    • Jeweled aquarium for non-riders.
    • Sea Dragons tank for non-riders.
    • Ray viewing area for non-riders.
    Manta's capacity will have guests gliding thru the ride at a rate of 1,430 rush-aholics per hour.

To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Ice101
    Banned User
    • Aug 2008

Re: Sea World's Revealing New Manta Concept Art

Waterfall's in the rides queue line, man wouldn't it suck if the ride broke down right as you were right next to the waterfall...

Comment

• brand42
      we jumped out a window
      • Jun 2008

I can't wait to see the completed ride!

Good luck on hitting that ideal 1,430 riders per hour, however. I can envision guests having trouble with the restraints and then ride ops having to check each and every car thoroughly before allowing the trains to leave the station. As the track length is less than SFMM's Tatsu, where stacking of trains and slow loading is a way of life, I don't see how Manta won't get bogged down by the same issues.

Comment

• Ride Warrior
        Iron-Clad Allie
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
        Waterfall's in the rides queue line, man wouldn't it suck if the ride broke down right as you were right next to the waterfall...
        Don't forget your shampoo. If you can't ride ..might as well have fragrant full-bodied hair.

Comment

• Ride Warrior
          Iron-Clad Allie
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by brand42 View Post
          I can't wait to see the completed ride!

Good luck on hitting that ideal 1,430 riders per hour, however. I can envision guests having trouble with the restraints and then ride ops having to check each and every car thoroughly before allowing the trains to leave the station. As the track length is less than SFMM's Tatsu, where stacking of trains and slow loading is a way of life, I don't see how Manta won't get bogged down by the same issues.
          Magic Mountain is the crown example of how not to build and operate rides. County fairs and traveling carnivals are better organized, creative and fun.
          Last edited by Ride Warrior; 04-03-2009, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• brand42
            we jumped out a window
            • Jun 2008

Ride Warrior, I didn't mean to make it sound like it's an SFMM problem but rather a problem inherent to flying coasters built by Bolliger and Mabillard. A ride on Tatsu lasts under a minute and Manta having a shorter track will be in that neighborhood as well.

I've seen this time and time again at DLR where even though guests have just seen the safety and boarding video, they do not buckle up or restrain themselves properly. I can see how many Manta riders might pull down the restraints but might not be aware of the feet restraints and how to lock those in. That puts the onus on the ride operators who have less than a minute between trains to make sure everyone is bolted in. More likely than not, that's not going to happen. Especially if one or even a small handful of the restraints didn't completely ratchet and lock into place, the lead operator would have to call out the not completely locked in seat and then an employee would have to go rectify the situation. It certainly isn't the quickest load and lightyears behind Space Mountain where they're on go go go mode all the time but at least you have peace of mind that you're completely locked in.
            Last edited by brand42; 04-03-2009, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Ride Warrior
              Iron-Clad Allie
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by brand42 View Post
              Ride Warrior, I didn't mean to make it sound like it's an SFMM problem but rather a problem inherent to flying coasters built by Bolliger and Mabillard. A ride on Tatsu lasts under a minute and Manta having a shorter track will be in that neighborhood as well.

I've seen this time and time again at DLR where even though guests have just seen the safety and boarding video, they do not buckle up or restrain themselves properly. I can see how many Manta riders might pull down the restraints but might not be aware of the feet restraints and how to lock those in. That puts the onus on the ride operators who have less than a minute between trains to make sure everyone is bolted in. More likely than not, that's not going to happen. Especially if one or even a small handful of the restraints didn't completely ratchet and lock into place, the lead operator would have to call out the not completely locked in seat and then an employee would have to go rectify the situation. It certainly isn't the quickest load and lightyears behind Space Mountain where they're on go go go mode all the time but at least you have peace of mind that you're completely locked in.
              I see what you mean, brand. Thanks for explaining ..and clearly I might add. If I'm going to be doing corkscrews, upsidedown inversins, and tight hair pin turns ..I want to be shackled down, baby.

I'm the type of person that likes to pay attention to instructions and learn to do things right. It's a crying shame that there are many that go on vacation and vacate their mind in the process. Oh well ..like you said, we have to learn to adopt to the way these people complicate everything, and enjoy the rides in spite of them.

Wish the theme parks would stay away from companies such as Bolliger and Mabillard that routinely fail to research and address loading capacity issues.

Comment

• Coast21
                DCA FTW!
                • Apr 2008

Looks Great, you would think they would have figured out they should have dual loading for maximum capacity. The wait time for SFMM"S Tatsu is horrible on busy days.
                Everybody's got a laughin' place-
                trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X