Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guest decapitated by Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Over Georgia after hopping fence

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest decapitated by Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Over Georgia after hopping fence

Re: Guest decapitaed on Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Over Georgia

This title is misleading because the accident didn't happen while he was ON the ride.

Tragic though!

Wow. I can't imagine what his family must be feeling. And those other kids who had to witness that? Wow again.
    Last edited by SusieP.; 06-28-2008, 01:19 PM.
    A signature should go here.

Comment

how horrific sooooo sad for the family

Comment

Very sad...but a lesson learned!!!
        Don't go into areas your not supposed to...although a harsh lesson!!
        Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear
        Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

Comment

the story that I saw on Headline News was that him and some friends from a church group left their party and climbed a backstage fence. They were walking around under the Batman ride. As a train was traveling towards them, the boy tried to hold on to a rider's legs and as a result, the boy was decapitated.

I don't feel any sympathy for this kid, but I do hope that his family is okay and that the riders on the coaster were mentally okay. That must be very traumatic to watch something like that occur.

Comment

Originally posted by gRuMpEe View Post
            Very sad...but a lesson learned!!!
            Don't go into areas your not supposed to...although a harsh lesson!!
            Yea. I'm sure that this boy won't do it again.

Comment

I can see a lawsuit brewing if there wasn't sufficient cameras in place for the ride ops to determine the entry and hit an E-Stop accordingly... this is partially what happened with Thunder.

On a side note, Darwinism at it's finest... sorry to be cold about it but there is a reason for a fence with a sign that states do not enter authorized personnel only.
              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

They were walking around under the Batman ride. As a train was traveling towards them, the boy tried to hold on to a rider's legs and as a result, the boy was decapitated.
                It's called 'culling the herd'

Comment

Reminds me of the time a simliar event happened at Paramounts Great America.. some guy hopped fences to get his hat that he lost on Top Gun... was killed and shattered the legs of the person on the ride who hit him.
                  -LoLo

Comment

It's sad but I agree with everone else. If he would of stayed where he belonged he would still be alive.
                    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
                    Golly, what a day

Comment

I've been to SFOG and ridden that batman. The fences in the area are VERY high, they must have had some help getting over the fence. And there is MAJOR signage in the area about NOT hopping the fence. Unfortunately I have no pictures of the area.

It sucks, but I have no sympathy for people who die doing stupid stuff. Sorry.

Comment

Two thumbs down for the misleading thread title.

Comment

Re: Guest decapitaed by Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Over Georgia after hopping fenc

Thread title updated.
                          Thank you for helping to make MiceChat a safe and fun place for everyone!

Comment

Re: Guest decapitaed by Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Over Georgia after hopping fenc

What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

I feel sorry for the family, but stupidity never pays off.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X