This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminator Ride Coming To Magic Mountain

I know, i know, the theme itself will let to two pages of discussions. Let's just let them do what they planed before we bitch about it.

Anyhow, official release today at
    SIX FLAGS MAGIC MOUNTAIN TO ADD 16TH COASTER TO ITS WORLD RENOWNED COLLECTION | With Video

It looks like a great addition to the park, I for one will be looking forward to it! For sure a family coaster that will fit into the park just fine

Re: Terminator Ride Coming To Magic Mountain

(photo copyright Six Flags)

Looks great! Six Flags has desperately needed a replacement for the Psyclone for a long time, and based on what we see here the Terminator coaster should be a pretzel-shaped airtime heaven.

I think Magic Mountain has made a lot of great decisions in the past few years. This coaster, along with the reopening of the Sky Tower, the addition of Tatsu, and the renovation of X to X2, not to mention plenty of new landscaping, paint and general cleanliness, is reason enough for me to believe in the park once again.

Comment

We haven't had Six Flags passes for 2 years, after having them for at least 15 years prior, well, I have.

We WILL be getting them next year. I hope they have some kind of Season Pass preview for the new coaster.

Comment

Theme aside, the coaster looks good. I love wooden coasters and am looking forward to this one.
        Your Life is an occasion, so rise up to it.

Comment

2 bad I live 3 hours away but if it looks good Ill try it
          I WANT DL 2 BE MY PERMANENT HOME!
          1 DAY...EVEN IF I BECOME A TEACHER...I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AT DL & HOPEFULLY BE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS TO PERFORM DURING FANTASMIC!

Comment

Great... now we can go to TWO parks for Terminator action. And WHY is this a wooden coaster?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good woodie now and then (stop it, people, just stop), but it doesn't exactly say "terminator".

I can just picture Arnold saying "come with me if you want to have fun"

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I agree, as a woodie, it looks nice. As a coaster "themed" to Terminator its a joke. What have the terminators gone back to the old west to kill John's great great great great great grandfather? If you're going to do something themed to Terminator it has to be steel, and it needs to have lots of hi tech looking flashing lights and led's. Terminator is actually a theme that lends itself to a coaster, just not a woodie?

Comment

Why don't we wait and he how they pull it off?

Comment

Originally posted by kcnole View Post
                  I agree, as a woodie, it looks nice. As a coaster "themed" to Terminator its a joke. What have the terminators gone back to the old west to kill John's great great great great great grandfather? If you're going to do something themed to Terminator it has to be steel, and it needs to have lots of hi tech looking flashing lights and led's. Terminator is actually a theme that lends itself to a coaster, just not a woodie?
                  I agree 100%. It does not say Terminator to me either.

What's cool in the video though is how the cars go through the station about halfway through the ride. I have never seen that before.
                  "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Cool... not sure how it's Terminator related but love wooden coasters....
                    Disneyland Deluxe Passholder

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post
                      I agree 100%. It does not say Terminator to me either.

What's cool in the video though is how the cars go through the station about halfway through the ride. I have never seen that before.
                      Thunderhead at Dollywood also does this.

I'm just looking forward to having an awesome woodie in CA.

Comment

Originally posted by wrs28220 View Post
                        Why don't we wait and he how they pull it off?
                        Because it's six flags. It's gonna be a great coaster. We're just commenting on how they go about making the "theme" park a theme park.

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                        I'm just looking forward to having an awesome woodie in CA.
                        That's what she said

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I saw the web site, watched the video, and I don't get the Terminator connection at all, but whatever. Looks like a great coaster!

Comment

Can you say irrelevant?

Comment

Terminator: Salvation is VERY different from the first three movies - it's set in the post-apocalyptic barren wasteland.
                              As for people saying that 'Terminator' doesn't lend itself to a woodie - I'd say it's just as ridiculous as Disney building a launched looping steel coaster for a supposed seaside amusement park of yesteryear.
                              See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X