No announcement yet.

Re-theming of Thomas Town to

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-theming of Thomas Town to

I hadn't been to SFMM for a couple weeks and was surprised to see that old Thomas Town area was finally back open today re-themed as Whistlestop Park. The area has been closed since late 2010 when SFMM did not renew the license for The Thomas the Tank Engine name. They do still sell Thomas merchandise in the souvenir shop.

I am not sure I get the colors of the new signage but I assume they will tie in with the Roadrunner Express coaster once its built

The station looks about the same, however THomas, Annie and Carabel all have new paint jobs

Thomas is now just a plain old engine :-(

Tidmouth Shed is just an empty shed. There is no sign of Gordon, Henry or James anywhere

The Percy Train ride has been renamed "Magic Flyer" but it was not open today (this has a 54inch hight max).

The freight depot sign is one of the only remaining original signs from Thomas Town. And they kep the small water area which is great in the hot summer months.

As far as construction on the Roadrunner Express, its still about the same, not much going on at the site yet, but since the coaster is already there just waiting for installation it should go in fairly quickly once the site is ready..

The park was empty today and Superman was only running one train.
    Last edited by MollyTrolly; 04-08-2011, 03:17 PM.

A little piece of heaven

Re: Re-theming of Thomas Town to

That's really sad, especially the Tidmouth Sheds shutdown. Without Thomas, it's doubtful I'll be going to Magic Mountain until my kids become teenagers. It's already a bit of a trip from OC to Valencia, and just not worth it without Thomas.

Re: Re-theming of Thomas Town to

Roadrunner Express is now constructed. No loading platform or anything. AND, I hope they put some rather LARGE trees around it otherwise it will be a ride at night when it is cooler outside ride (at least for me and my kids).
        "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.