Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A moment of silence for Colossus (1978-2014)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A moment of silence for Colossus (1978-2014)

Just found this article in the Santa Clarita local site.

Six Flags Magic Mountain To Close Colossus For Good After August 16 | KHTS Radio - Santa Clarita News

Colossus is apparently currently set to run backwards through June 15, then under normal operation until closing on August 16th.

The old makes way for the new. Still, it'll take something impressive to replace her.
    Boggard LIEEEEF!

Re: A moment of silence for Colossus (1978-2014)

:-(

Comment

Maybe the most filmed roller coaster in history.

Comment

I must go back to Magic Mountain this summer.
        Be Cool Stay in School!
        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

This news is beyond sad. My fave roller coaster of all time. So many memories. I'm hoping it will be sold and rebuilt elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by tofubeast View Post
            This news is beyond sad. My fave roller coaster of all time. So many memories. I'm hoping it will be sold and rebuilt elsewhere.
            Many people believe it's going to be remade into a wood/steel hybrid similar to what was done with the Iron Rattler at Six Flags Fiesta Texas.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8p67C9bET4

Comment

Just heard the news. As Six Flags sinks deeper into it's crappy mire......
              Dumb decision.
              “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Comment

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
                Just heard the news. As Six Flags sinks deeper into it's crappy mire......
                Dumb decision.
                As sad as it is, I can't fault the decision. Besides Colossus being an extremely old coaster, it also takes up a ton of space and operates in a rather dead area of the park. Scream! is one of the best coasters in the park, but it's so far removed and not near anything else that it frequently has a walk-on wait no matter the day. You could take that area and put a new coaster in there, and flesh out the area with other rides to make it an area people want to be in.

Comment

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Very sad about this. I have only managed to visit Magic Mountain once, but this was one of the few rides I liked there. Just not a huge extreme coaster fan. Hope to visit before it goes away.

Comment

Yeah...I pretty much hate Six Flags right now....your most historic ride gone...one if not the best wooden coast gone....it does take up some space but god its a great ride and will be very missed
                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

We took our nieces to Magic Mountain shortly after it opened. They were a year apart and our older niece was tall enough to ride, the younger niece didn't quite measure up. She was brave as her sister and Rick loaded on the ride, but the moment the coaster launched, she started sobbing, helpless uncle by her side.

Lots of great memories of the early years of Magic Mountain.
                        "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
                        raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

— Ernest Thompson Seton

Comment

Wooden coasters of this size are much more expensive to maintain than steel coasters.

Comment

I was there this week and didn't go on it. I didn't want my last ride on it to be backwards. I am just not a fan of going backwards on any coaster.

Comment

Originally posted by sheetz View Post
                              Many people believe it's going to be remade into a wood/steel hybrid similar to what was done with the Iron Rattler at Six Flags Fiesta Texas.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8p67C9bET4
                              I really hope this is what happens because it is a great roller coaster and this is the closets thing to keeping it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X