This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Flags Orlando

Heard a rumor that Six Flags is looking to open a property here in Orlando, does anyone have any more information about this, Ipersonally think that this would be a horrible idea Six Flags would't have a chance

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

Re: Six Flags Orlando

Bad idea. Bad bad bad idea.

Comment

I don't believe there is any truth to that rumor.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

they thought about it.. but that was 5 owners ago...

they would need a supped up Six flags over GA to compete with Disney and Universal...

besides, the current company is in debt, and the previous company was all about buying existing parks cheap...

Comment

They are selling parks, they are not building anything new because that takes investment.
          And don't expect a WB Movie World either as SF has the North America exclusive contract to WB.

Comment

Ha!

I doubt it... if they can't take care of their exsiting parks then they shouldn't be building new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
              They are selling parks, they are not building anything new because that takes investment.
              And don't expect a WB Movie World either as SF has the North America exclusive contract to WB.
              And to think SixFlags used to own the international ones...

then they sold them, then sold the rest of the international parks...

Comment

$3 billion in debt makes it impossible to even consider any new parks. They're trying to sell 6 of their parks now to chip away at the debt.

Comment

Six Flags are "Regional" parks. Orlando is a "Destination" city. Not going to happen.

Comment

Good 2 Know!

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

Comment

I believe that the Six Flags Corporation actually did own land in Central Florida. If I remember correctly, they owned the property formerly used by the Boardwalks and Baseball park. However, after the large buy up of smaller parks and the ensuing fiscal disaster that is Six Flags came into being, the plans to build in Florida were cancelled.

I don't think that Six Flags has any place among Disney, Universal, and Busch. Their quality of entertainment is just not up to par, that is why they remain regional, their philosophy is quantity, not quality.
                      In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Comment

I believe that Six Flags could rivel Universal and Disney, if they invested a ton of money on a brand new park based on the Warner Brothers characters and films. Of course, we know that will not happen. : ( I will a good park with a Marvel Superhero Island based on DC Comics characters and a fantasyland based of the Looney Tunes.

Comment

Originally posted by DoppelV View Post
                          I believe that the Six Flags Corporation actually did own land in Central Florida. If I remember correctly, they owned the property formerly used by the Boardwalks and Baseball park. However, after the large buy up of smaller parks and the ensuing fiscal disaster that is Six Flags came into being, the plans to build in Florida were canceled.

I don't think that Six Flags has any place among Disney, Universal, and Busch. Their quality of entertainment is just not up to par, that is why they remain regional, their philosophy is quantity, not quality.
                          As far as i know, Busch Entertainment owned that property till to mid to late 90s, then they sold it off to someone else who kept the stadium running till recently when it was tossed over to a developer... The six flags property was somewhere else i thought... (I know they once owned a water park in Miami...)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X