This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Mountain Sarajevo Bobsleds question

Does anyone know why the Sarajevo Bobsleds was only at Magic Mountain for two years before it was shipped out? Also, where in the park was this ride located?

i think it was not that thrilling or popular, i went on it an dit was just ok. in the back of the park as i recall.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

I liked the ride but I was young back then.

The ride was located where Psyclone is right now- I think.

Comment

^ That is correct, it was located where Psyclone and Deja Vu are now.

The ride is now located at Six Flags Over Texas and is named La Vibora.

Anybody else know the other Six Flags Magic Mountain ride that was located in the same spot that is now at another Six Flags park in TX???

Comment

Shockwave - although when it was relocated, it got new trains

(It's Batman at Six Flags Astroworld)
          See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

^ That's right, you win ... absolutely nothing!!!

Comment

some rides were on the "rotate program" as some older coasters were.... thought it seems once they get a home at SFMM they stay untill the next big thing then either gone forever.. or make a new home at a baby SF.... who has a hope of not getting as bad as SFMM...

Comment

Here's a pic of it at SFOT, different paint scheme than when it was at SFMM, but exact same ride:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig99.htm?picture=5
                "I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again..."- Bart Simpson

Comment

Weren't they called Sarajevo Bobsleds at MM? I just realized most people probably now would wonder why the Sarajevo part, especially those too young to remember that set of Games.
                  Kevin Yee
                  MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
                  Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
                  Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
                  Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
                  Mouse Trap
                  Tokyo Disney Made Easy
                  101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
                  Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
                    ^ That is correct, it was located where Psyclone and Deja Vu are now.

The ride is now located at Six Flags Over Texas and is named La Vibora.
                    In that case it was no big loss.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinYee
                      Weren't they called Sarajevo Bobsleds at MM? I just realized most people probably now would wonder why the Sarajevo part, especially those too young to remember that set of Games.

OH MY GOD please dont tell me I'm too old - lol.

For those who DONT know, Sarajevo hosted the 14th Olympic Winter Games in 1984, the year the bobs made their debut. I wonder if they had kept the ride a bobsled themed ride it'd change its name every 4 years. The Calgary Bobsleds. The Albertville Bobsleds. The Lillehammer Bobsleds

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X