Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident at Six Flags (merged threads)

Article here:
    http://www.wlky.com/news/13547817/detail.html

At Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom a Women lost her feet due to a ride malfunction on the Superman Tower of Power ride. More in article
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Re: Accident at Six Flags

O.M.G. That is terrible!
    A signature should go here.

Comment

WOW!!! What a horrible accident!

Comment

My prayers go out to the victim and her family. What a horrible thing to have happen.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking of the scene in the last episode of Sopranos, with everyone's reaction to the scene at the gas station.

Seriously, sounds disgusting.

Comment

the ride looks like a supreme scream or maliboomer type ride trying to think what couldve went wrong. I also wander if they have an organization like cal OCHSA or DOSH overseing them.
            Last edited by DLcastmbr; 06-21-2007, 06:12 PM.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Comment

I just watched the video with the eyewitness interview in that link in Post #1...just awful. Poor kid.

Comment

What a shame. I only hope they're able to re-attach her feet, but depending on the amount of trauma she suffered, it may not work. Poor kid.

Comment

Wow, that is shocking. A cable detached her feet. I feel bad for this poor girl.

I wonder if all the other rides that are similar to this type of ride will be closed.
                  ...it's been a long time.

Comment

That is freaky! My stomach turned reading that article. Those cables are wicked bad when they snap.

Comment

Dude...that's scary. I just went to Great America today and rode the Drop Zone (basically the same ride) and to come home and read about something like this makes me appreciate every day i can say my loved ones and myself are safe.

I feel for the family and the young girl! How horrible! Is six flags taking responsibility for this?
                      Siggy siggy sig sig.

Comment

Girl's Feet Severed on Maliboomer-style Attraction at Six Flags Park

(CNN) -- A girl's feet were cut off Thursday when a free-fall thrill ride malfunctioned at the Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom Amusement Park in Louisville, Kentucky, police said.
                        A cord wrapped around the 16-year-old's feet and severed them at her ankles while she was on the "Superman Tower of Power," a police dispatcher said. The girl was taken to a local hospital.

An unidentified witness told CNN affiliate WLKY she saw a cable on the ride snap.
                        http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/06/21...lags.accident/

Comment

Re: Girl's Feet Severed on Maliboomer-style Attraction at Six Flags Park

I heard about this earlier tonight... That is pretty scary... I wonder what really happened to make a cable snap like that...

Comment

The representative of Six Flags is stating that the Kentucky attraction was made by a different manufacturer than the Superman Tower of Power ride at Six Flags over Texas.

Comment

But....both of those rides, and Maliboomer use a cable. If a cable can snap on one, a cable can snap on another....or TOT. It's in theory possible on a lot of rides/coasters. Would it result in the same outcome? Probably not, but those cables, if snapped could cause serious injury or death. (See cable snap episode of Mythbusters)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X