This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight Show at Universal Studios

So, when Conan takes over The Tonight Show in June that the studio he'll be broadcasting from is on the Universal Backlot. What I'm just wondering is will it be like an attraction at the Universal Studios park, where there will be an entrance-way from the theme park, and park guests could enjoy the afternoon taping of the show as part of their day at Universal Studios. Or will it all be blocked off and have to leave the park, get down the mountain and enter via the normal studio entrance on the back.

Re: Tonight Show at Universal Studios

I honestly hope that it's separate from the park. Conan's brand of humor is much different from your typical mainstream humor that most tourists are used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Incredible View Post
      So, when Conan takes over The Tonight Show in June that the studio he'll be broadcasting from is on the Universal Backlot. What I'm just wondering is will it be like an attraction at the Universal Studios park, where there will be an entrance-way from the theme park, and park guests could enjoy the afternoon taping of the show as part of their day at Universal Studios. Or will it all be blocked off and have to leave the park, get down the mountain and enter via the normal studio entrance on the back.
      I'm sure you will have to go through all the normal ways to attend a television taping in order to attend Conan's show. I highly doubt it will be a part of the theme park experience. If anything, they may mention it during the tram tour, or you may be able to see the outside of the studio from the tour.

Comment

I think they will certainly mention it on the tour, otherwise, why have it on the backlot???

Comment

Conan is taping in the historic Stage 1 (The Jack Benny stage). Stage 1 is just inside the studio gates off of Lankershim. Guests will probably park in one of the office structures along Lankershim or perhaps the Citywalk structures and then hop onto the shuttle down the hill and enter from the studio gates. We'll find out in June (or late May if they do test shows).

My Disney Adventure's vlogs!
          www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

Episode 8: Bella Notte - Paradise Pier at night
          Episode 7: 45 years of hope and laughter
          Episode 6: Service and Sacrifice
          Episode 5: "Destination D Montage"
          Episode 4: "It's a Sklar World"

"I don't know matter, you don't matter
          Neither does this mindless chatter."
          -Pete Townshend

Comment

The refurbished stage 1 is located at the very front of the lot behind the Bank of America building just inside the gate 2 at the intersection of Valley Heart and Lankershim. see map here Map | The Filmmakers Destination. The adjacent new 5 story Spanish style offices are visible from the street. In order to prevent visitors roaming the studio lot uncontrolled the movement of audience visitors to and from the tapings of the Tonight Show will most likely be transported by tram from the upper theme park where parking is available

Comment

I thought it was going to be on leno's location

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
                I thought it was going to be on leno's location
                Nope, because Leno goes for another month. They want Conan to start right away.

And the NBC Studios in Burbank is not even owned by NBC anymore. They're just leasing it out for however long it takes for them to move completely over to Universal.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

It's kind of sad that they are moving the show to Universal.

Who finally ended up purchasing the NBC Studio's in burbank? Isn't it ABC? Hope whoever it is keeps the doors to the various studios marked with the people who have taped shows there~
                  Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                  An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                  Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                  Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                    I think they will certainly mention it on the tour, otherwise, why have it on the backlot???

I was there on Sunday (Easter) and the Tram guide mentioned it, she also said she saw him driving his desk around the other day around the lot.

Comment

I can't wait for this. Go spend some time at USH and finally get to see Conan live.

Comment

Yeah, someday
                        See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

Haha right on. He's a really nice guy.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Conan is... odd. But I like odd.

Comment

i think conan is going to have one heck of a time here in la and will be successful.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X