Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evolution Plan + Expansion

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Evolution Plan + Expansion

    After looking at the Vision Plan, it says that there will be 146,000 new net sq. ft. of attractions. After looking on the map, I don't see anything that shows the park expanding at all. Something tells me that the "new" 146,000 sq. ft. of new attractions is coming from replacing the older attractions with newer ones instead of adding new attractions. Does anybody else know about the park expansion or "expansion"? I would love to see USH expand and have more stuff to do.

  • #2
    Re: Evolution Plan + Expansion

    A lot of that space comes from removing the Gibson Amphitheater and replacing it with a smaller venue closer to the AMC theaters.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Evolution Plan + Expansion

      Originally posted by CoasterMatt View Post
      A lot of that space comes from removing the Gibson Amphitheater and replacing it with a smaller venue closer to the AMC theaters.
      Really? Does this mean more theme park attractions or a big park attraction will take it place where the Gibson was? Or does make room for more of those stupid hotels and shops that have been rumored?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Evolution Plan + Expansion

        I don't think this plan will ever happen. They want to replace most the back lot with apartments, After the large investment they had just put into rebuilding the back lot, I can't imagine they'd be willing to tear it down again. Also I don't see why Universal would even consider tearing the Gibson Amphitheater down. It's a landmark in some ways.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Evolution Plan + Expansion

          Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
          I don't think this plan will ever happen. They want to replace most the back lot with apartments, After the large investment they had just put into rebuilding the back lot, I can't imagine they'd be willing to tear it down again. Also I don't see why Universal would even consider tearing the Gibson Amphitheater down. It's a landmark in some ways.
          Yeah I don't think Uni would be stupid enough to wipe out half of their signature backlot with a bunch of condos. After the housing market collapse AND the money put into rebuilding the backlot after the fire, it just doesn't seem likely at all. It would be nice if they could move the Gibson close to the theaters or at the Rocky and Bullwinkle parking and put a major new ride there.:whistling

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Evolution Plan + Expansion

            I can see where they'd think about replacing the amphitheater, There is a lot right next to/behind the AMC that is about the same size as the Gibson that they might relocate to. I am all of new attractions at UNI-HOLLYWOOD.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Evolution Plan + Expansion

              Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
              I can see where they'd think about replacing the amphitheater, There is a lot right next to/behind the AMC that is about the same size as the Gibson that they might relocate to. I am all of new attractions at UNI-HOLLYWOOD.
              I hope they do so. Even after Transformers opens our park still needs help!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Evolution Plan + Expansion

                The Coke area near terminator could be used too for a smaller attraction or the curious george area (I think it could fit a spondgebob water ride pretty easy)
                Happy Halloween!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Evolution Plan + Expansion

                  So this is the new name for this plan that is what? About 20 years old now. They were talking about this when I worked there.
                  "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Evolution Plan + Expansion

                    TacAlert - there have been a few different plans since you were there- the most recent is the 'Evolution' plan - it's basically a more realistic view than the previous 'Vision' plan - the latest one doesn't have anywhere near the radical shift of the backlot real estate as the Vision plan might have.

                    The Evolution plan doesn't "wipe out" half of the backlot either- it does call for rearranging the studio area.

                    They're not gonna put anything were Coke Soak is - The parking lot roof gets enough wear and tear from T-2's seat drop every half hour as it is.
                    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Evolution Plan + Expansion

                      So what's going to happen to the park? Are they going to add stuff?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Evolution Plan + Expansion

                        Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                        The Coke area near terminator could be used too for a smaller attraction or the curious george area (I think it could fit a spondgebob water ride pretty easy)
                        They won't put a ride there. That area is too close to the back lot and sound travels a little to well.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Evolution Plan + Expansion

                          Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
                          They won't put a ride there. That area is too close to the back lot and sound travels a little to well.
                          Not to mention the fact of too much stress on top of the parking structure.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Evolution Plan + Expansion

                            This will probably never happen...let's not forget General Electric is doing paperwork to sell/give/trade/etc a large stake in Universal Studios from NBC to Comcast(GE owns NBC. NBC owns Universal).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Evolution Plan + Expansion

                              I say get rid of that ridiculous size flippin Golf Course. Seriously, it's TOO big. Cutting it in half could make the park HUGE.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X