This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larger guests forbidden to ride new HP Ride

I saw this news video and wanted your opinions on it. Also note how they mention "Disney should have planned ahead" LOL

Harry Potter ride is turning away fat people - Redlasso.com
    Jeff Wayne

Re: Larger guests forbidden to ride new HP Ride

lol... don't reporters know what park there at that was funny!!!!

Comment

ohhhh that sucks, i hope there is something on the website waring people you need to weight this or less to go on.
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

265 pound weight limit? LOL. The managers and engineers at USO are clueless.

Comment

I'm just wondering how they go about letting someone know they are too heavy. Do they have a scale? I mean doing this just by eyeballing could be seen as really rude. If there is a weight limit for the vehicles, why not just give them a special car or something?
          Jeff Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
            I'm just wondering how they go about letting someone know they are too heavy. Do they have a scale? I mean doing this just by eyeballing could be seen as really rude. If there is a weight limit for the vehicles, why not just give them a special car or something?

And if I'm in shape, I can't enjoy a special car too???

(not arguing, just playing devil's advocate... it's a no-win situation)

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

People must fit the ride vehicles to ride. I don't see anyone being 'forbidden' - it's you can fit - you can not ride.

I believe the weight number quoted in the clip is an approximation - not a weight limit. Meaning, a person who would not fit, would likely be more then that weight.

Personally I'm glad they aren't building attractions to include the 'greatest common denominator'. If that means you are excluded - sorry. The tradeoff isn't always worth the inclusion of everyone.

Comment

Every ride has a maximum weight, and although Forbidden Journey's is lower than most, it still accommodates to the general public.

Comment

Solution - lose weight!

Is everyone able to fit into Screamin's seats??? What about Maliboomer???

Oh wait......it's Disney. That's different...........

Comment

This is not a weight issue. It's a body dimension issue. Their actual FAT is the problem. Universal is supposedly building bigger seats.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
                      According to Jim Hill, who says he was turned away on his first attempt to ride, the key is that the restraint must click three times.

Comment

Yeah whats with that, Disney should of planned ahead, they should of planned to have a device which teleports larger guests back to WDW :P
                        -Luke

Comment

Originally posted by JtnOrl View Post
                          This is not a weight issue. It's a body dimension issue. Their actual FAT is the problem. Universal is supposedly building bigger seats.
                          No it is both. While the guests are tested for size, part of the determination was based on weight and the impact it has on the ride system arm.

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
                            No it is both. While the guests are tested for size, part of the determination was based on weight and the impact it has on the ride system arm.
                            Incorrect. They don't weigh the guests, so it's impossible to even make such a determination. The ride was also designed with the Kuka's weight limit in mind. It can't be exceeded by just 4 riders. These things are heavy-duty.

Comment

The commercial was perfectly clear. Apparently Disney got in line to ride Forbidden journey and was turned away because it weighed too much, and it's massive girth did not fit the ride. Disney should have planned ahead... to lose weight and to downsize.
                              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X