Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diagon Alley Opening Date

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Diagon Alley Opening Date

    Does anyone have a vague idea of when the WWOHP expansion is going to open next year? Looking to plan a trip with some friends.

  • #2
    Re: Diagon Alley Opening Date

    The rumor I've heard is June 2014. Of course, you never really know until the thing really opens.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Diagon Alley Opening Date

      That would be my guess as well. Most new attractions/themed areas open around the March, May, or June time of year. Unfortunately, there are exceptions like all the delays that pushed back the opening of HRRR from spring to October but they are rare.
      Current coaster count: 179
      100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
      150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
      last new park addition: Six Flags Great America

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Diagon Alley Opening Date

        Originally posted by Coasterjunkie View Post
        That would be my guess as well. Most new attractions/themed areas open around the March, May, or June time of year. Unfortunately, there are exceptions like all the delays that pushed back the opening of HRRR from spring to October but they are rare.
        Yes but Diagon Alley itself and the Horwarts Express should be easy to finish off. It's a building which is well under way and a simple train with proven technology.
        Be Cool Stay in School!
        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Diagon Alley Opening Date

          Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
          Yes but Diagon Alley itself and the Horwarts Express should be easy to finish off. It's a building which is well under way and a simple train with proven technology.
          Err... not exactly.

          Both attractions in this expansion have highly complex ride systems that will need substantial time to work the kinks out, which is why they want testing to start for both as soon as possible. The Hogwarts Express should be up and running sometime in the Fall.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Diagon Alley Opening Date

            Cool, thanks for the information. I was shooting for sometime maybe in September or October of next year so it looks like I would right on schedule.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Diagon Alley Opening Date

              That's a good time to come after a new area opened. It gives some time to tweak the rides and operations once the area opens and the crowds should be down as school will be in session here. I generally plan my out of state park visits for late August and September for that very reason.
              Current coaster count: 179
              100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
              150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
              last new park addition: Six Flags Great America

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Diagon Alley Opening Date

                Originally posted by JtnOrl View Post
                Err... not exactly.

                Both attractions in this expansion have highly complex ride systems that will need substantial time to work the kinks out, which is why they want testing to start for both as soon as possible. The Hogwarts Express should be up and running sometime in the Fall.
                You should go to USH to see it, and then you will know more about the technology.
                Be Cool Stay in School!
                Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Diagon Alley Opening Date

                  Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                  You should go to USH to see it, and then you will know more about the technology.
                  What are you talking about? I'll find no Hogwarts Express at USH. I already know more about the tech involved than I'd ever learn there.

                  EDIT: If you're surmising that it's anything like Kong 360, it is not. They share basically nothing in common.
                  Last edited by JtnOrl; 08-27-2013, 12:23 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Diagon Alley Opening Date

                    Originally posted by JtnOrl View Post
                    What are you talking about? I'll find no Hogwarts Express at USH. I already know more about the tech involved than I'd ever learn there.

                    EDIT: If you're surmising that it's anything like Kong 360, it is not. They share basically nothing in common.
                    Exactly. One takes place in a a 3-D screened tube, and the other is taking place outdoors, with video technology that we haven't seen used in a theme park attraction before.
                    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Diagon Alley Opening Date

                      If they can really open that up in June of 2014, it might make the WDW's dwarf coaster look like an uninspired effort by contrast.

                      And a summer 2014 Diagon Alley opening in Orlando might make me revise
                      my WW of HP at U. Hollywood prediction to the summer of 2015 rather than 2016.
                      (Is Universal building that skyscraper in China?)

                      Steve Burke for Disney CEO ASAP! Oh wait, the Chair of Disney's Board (Bob Iger) might like to see Disney's CEO (the same Bob Iger) continue to make 30 million a year for as long as possible. Keep Rasulo and Staggs as potential replacements that no one is very excited about.
                      Yay, Iger.
                      :botox:

                      Comment

                      Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X