This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE - Universal Studios Hollywood Backlot

As of this past Saturday, December 19th, Universal Studios Hollywood is once again taking their backlot tram tours through the actual backlot and allowing guests to see the construction first-hand. This is the first time for the tram to take this route with the general public aboard since the massive fire that broke out on the backlot and destroyed the majority of the movie sets, including the King Kong warehouse, back on June 1st, 2008.

On a side note, it was a rather strange coincidence for me being there as one of the first guests to be touring the newly built backlot sets this past Saturday since, coincidentally, I was at USH on the same tour through the backlot the day before the fire broke out.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Re: UPDATE - Universal Studios Hollywood Backlot

Thanks for the info this is excellent news.
    Were going there next week so this is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
      As of this past Saturday, December 19th, Universal Studios Hollywood is once again taking their backlot tram tours through the actual backlot and allowing guests to see the construction first-hand. This is the first time for the tram to take this route with the general public aboard since the massive fire that broke out on the backlot and destroyed the majority of the movie sets, including the King Kong warehouse, back on June 1st, 2008.

On a side note, it was a rather strange coincidence for me being there as one of the first guests to be touring the newly built backlot sets this past Saturday since, coincidentally, I was at USH on the same tour through the backlot the day before the fire broke out.

Look what you did! You monster!

Comment

Photos at the link below...
        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Is the the Collapsing Bridge open during construction of the new Kong attraction?

Comment

Originally posted by gpiltz View Post
            Is the the Collapsing Bridge open during construction of the new Kong attraction?
            Yesterday, they did not go over the bridge, but I presume it was the fact that the Tram got to go through the New York Back Lot and Wisteria Lane. They try to keep the tour around 45 minutes, and add or delete things due to the filming schedule.

The Bridge was actually "closed" but brought back shortly after the Back Lot Fire last June to add a few more minutes. They also added a small Stunt Event in the "Western" area last year to keep the tour having enough "events".

My guess, the Bridge is part of Yesterland.....
            Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Thanks Darkbeer. I knew the bridge was re-opened following Kong's demise, but I'd heard rumors that the new Kong construction was causing an issue with proximity to the bridge. You set me straight!

Love your updates, as always.

Cheers,

Geren

Comment

The Collapsing Bridge IS currently closed due to construction of Kong 360, but will be reopening.
                See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

Originally posted by CoasterMatt View Post
                  The Collapsing Bridge IS currently closed due to construction of Kong 360, but will be reopening.

Thanks for setting the record straight Matt! It's always best to get info from a direct source. No "guessing" necessary. Too many "experts" out there with bad/old info...

We've enjoyed the Bridge numerous times since the fire and as recently as during our trips for HHN and Thanksgiving.

We look forward to our next trip to USH! :yea:

Merry Christmas!

Comment

Can't Wait to go on the Tour next week should be nice to get to see all the construction.
                    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X