This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USH Backdraft & SFX Stages Close April 11

Backdraft and SFX Stages are closing on April 11 to allow construction of the Transformers attraction to start. Transformers opens in 2012 (likely Summer).

Re: USH Backdraft & SFX Stages Close April 11

Finally! I can't wait to see what else Universal is cooking up, seeing as pretty much everything they've done this year (WWOHP, Kong) is getting rave reviews.

Has 2012 been officially confirmed yet?

I still think 2011 is going to be the year. Universal is much better at construction than Disney. The Kong show building is already complete and was only started a few months ago, and WWOHP went up in a little over a year from the ground up.

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
      Has 2012 been officially confirmed yet?

I still think 2011 is going to be the year. Universal is much better at construction than Disney. The Kong show building is already complete and was only started a few months ago, and WWOHP went up in a little over a year from the ground up.
      2012 is what is listed in the latest edition of the Studio Insider (employee publication), which came out today.

Comment

So it looks like we got less than 3 weeks to experience Backdraft before it goes up in flames!

The world is a treasure trove of places.
        The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
        Indy Ride Count: 2211
        World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Nooo!!! **** Transformers, really...I'd rather see an awesome F/X show like Backdraft.l

Comment

Originally posted by Trekkie313 View Post
            Nooo!!! **** Transformers, really...I'd rather see an awesome F/X show like Backdraft.l
            Transformers will "fuse 3D-HD media, mega special effects and stunning robotics with a ride system that will transform perceptions of theme park experiences." Should be good...

Comment

Originally posted by F!an View Post
              Transformers will "fuse 3D-HD media, mega special effects and stunning robotics with a ride system that will transform perceptions of theme park experiences." Should be good...

But I want a "behind-the-scenes" type of attraction, why not just build the ride at USF and leave all the movie-making attractions at USH.

Comment

But I want a "behind-the-scenes" type of attraction, why not just build the ride at USF and leave all the movie-making attractions at USH.
                USH is such a joke compared to USF. Trust me, even with the mega Transformers attraction it will still be small. USH NEEDS this ride.

Comment

The Studio Tour will be the only true behind-the-scenes attraction at USH in a couple of weeks.

Side note: USH is the only Universal Studios Park in the world to have a true studio tour because it is the only property that makes movies/tv shows/etc...

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
                  USH is such a joke compared to USF. Trust me, even with the mega Transformers attraction it will still be small. USH NEEDS this ride.
                  Just like DL, USH is boxed in and the only way to add something is to replace something. Nothing is going to change unless they're willing to sacrifice studio space.

Comment

Originally posted by F!an View Post
                    Just like DL, USH is boxed in and the only way to add something is to replace something. Nothing is going to change unless they're willing to sacrifice studio space.
                    Thats true, but I don't think the effects stages and backdraft will get the same amount of RPH than Transformers. I often ignored that corner of the park much like everybody else.

Comment

Are the special effects stages still open? I was under the impression that they closed months ago, the same time backdraft was supposed to close...

I'll be there on tuesday!

Comment

Nope both the Special Effects Stages and Backdraft are open for now.

Comment

Originally posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
                          Nope both the Special Effects Stages and Backdraft are open for now.
                          He said "Closes April 11"

Comment

Looking forward to a new "Spiderman" type ride in USH. Although, I wish it were something more appealing than "Transformers". And I'm also hoping they will find another location for an updated special effects stage show.
                            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                              Looking forward to a new "Spiderman" type ride in USH. Although, I wish it were something more appealing than "Transformers". And I'm also hoping they will find another location for an updated special effects stage show.
                              Rumor has it, that it will be temporarily relocated to the Castle Theater. Hopefully they will boost the shows popularity. I don't think this show had much infrastructure in the first place so I doubt it'll be hard to move to the CT.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X