Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Transformers opens, what do you think Uni will tackle next?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Once Transformers opens, what do you think Uni will tackle next?

    Once Transformers opens, I'm sure it will rake in a lot of money. I've also noticed there have been many subtle changes to JP and Mummy, probably in preparation for the bigger crowds. But not all of them were necesarrily to improve capacity such as the Digital Switchover for The Mummy locker spiel, the TV for the finale of Mummy that was switched to a projection system (in summer 11 it was like a 30inch flat screen), the right spitter on Jurassic Park that no longer surfaces (maybe they are waiting for the summer/spring rush to be over until a major refurb), and plenty of other subtle changes. Since Transformers will have technology towering way above any other ride in the park, it seems like it would be a good idea to upgrade the older ones.

  • #2
    Re: Once Transformers opens, what do you think Uni will tackle next?

    I don't think technological upgrades are necessary, just maintenance. Just because Indy came along doesn't mean the technology inside Pirates or Haunted Mansion is no good.

    As far as "what's next", that would be Potter. I wouldn't expect to see any new attractions between Transformers and Potter.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Once Transformers opens, what do you think Uni will tackle next?

      Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
      I don't think technological upgrades are necessary, just maintenance. Just because Indy came along doesn't mean the technology inside Pirates or Haunted Mansion is no good.

      As far as "what's next", that would be Potter. I wouldn't expect to see any new attractions between Transformers and Potter.
      true, however i am sure they will add SOMETHING if the rumor of taking out waterworld and shrek is true. something to help relieve the fact that two of the attractions are down for an extended period of time

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Once Transformers opens, what do you think Uni will tackle next?

        Originally posted by TSTLSOOM View Post
        true, however i am sure they will add SOMETHING if the rumor of taking out waterworld and shrek is true. something to help relieve the fact that two of the attractions are down for an extended period of time
        Thats exactly what I was going to get at next. Personally, I would put JP down for a major refurb, service all AFs (animatronic figures), install new show lighting, and add one or two extra dinos with some gimmicky effects. Next, The Mummy as this would be a slightly faster refurb and JP seems to have lost the most appeal to guests. Technically, The Mummy is in a good condition for upgrades because of the way it's built. Especially considering the old fire effect at the end and the advance in technology... The components that caused the issue for it to be removed could easily be fixed with Solid State components.

        Basically, what I'm saying is Uni would need all the A-Ticket rides it can get to make up for constuction of potter.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Once Transformers opens, what do you think Uni will tackle next?

          well the rumor of despicable me coming but i'm not sure where they are going to put it if there is big crowd's in orlando so why not here to.
          I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Once Transformers opens, what do you think Uni will tackle next?

            Originally posted by UniFan View Post
            Thats exactly what I was going to get at next. Personally, I would put JP down for a major refurb, service all AFs (animatronic figures), install new show lighting, and add one or two extra dinos with some gimmicky effects. Next, The Mummy as this would be a slightly faster refurb and JP seems to have lost the most appeal to guests. Technically, The Mummy is in a good condition for upgrades because of the way it's built. Especially considering the old fire effect at the end and the advance in technology... The components that caused the issue for it to be removed could easily be fixed with Solid State components.

            Basically, what I'm saying is Uni would need all the A-Ticket rides it can get to make up for constuction of potter.
            well i just meant like some more atmosphere type things in the park, not just the rides themselves

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Once Transformers opens, what do you think Uni will tackle next?

              I think next year Despicable me will join the Hollywood to keep the crowds coming....as for Jurassic Park I think the ride needs a Redo Bad...the tech on those animatironics WAS good but unlike HM or Pirates JP shows its ages from the Q video to the Dinosaurs not looking "real" I an hoping that they will upgrade the ride once JP 4 comes out would make sense and it will pay off
              Happy Halloween!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Once Transformers opens, what do you think Uni will tackle next?

                I think Despicable Me will be coming up next replacing Shrek. After Despicable, I hope they use JP4 as a motivation to give Jurassic Park a major refurb. Improved animatronics, lighting, effects, the whole nine yards.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Once Transformers opens, what do you think Uni will tackle next?

                  Oh right! I forgot about JP4! If I recall correctly they did add that last spitter for the release of the last JP movie correct? I've heard Tour Guide mention JP4 quite a bit so perhaps they are planning on doing so.

                  In regards to atmosphere, that would be another welcome change. I like what they did with the Lower Lot. I'd like to see changes like that done to the rest of the part. I've noticed how much the part has changed since my first visit in the Summer of '10. Some parts of the park look wayyy to commercially... Like places made specifically for eating people. The Wild West "Street" is probably one of the worst as you can see right into the arena and see that there isn't anything in there. Honestly, I wouldn't mind Despicable Me coming to Hollywood. Shrek needed to go a long time ago. Although that still leaves me wondering where the entrance to potter will go. I'd rather see them use somewhere completely new on the park. Perhaps by relocating and moving things around they can free up some extra space and build potter on the "edge" of the backlot in some place, sorta like where the Studio Tour Plaza is built.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Once Transformers opens, what do you think Uni will tackle next?

                    well Despicable me could take over animal actor's and pottor town would go in shrek's area and the tour entry would stay. Oh and Jp if they get redone it will have new boat's, so who's ready for shoot the chutes boat's themed to jp?
                    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Once Transformers opens, what do you think Uni will tackle next?

                      Originally posted by Alexshow View Post
                      well Despicable me could take over animal actor's and pottor town would go in shrek's area and the tour entry would stay. Oh and Jp if they get redone it will have new boat's, so who's ready for shoot the chutes boat's themed to jp?
                      Thats true, its quite a big venue. Queue space might be an issue and there are bathrooms attached to the arena but I'm sure they could easily be relocated.

                      And oh yes!! That'd be so awesome. The boats are starting to show its age and having them re-designed would be epic. I'd like to see them with some interactive elements like headlights that turn on during a certain section to illuminate a pitch-black scene or in-boat speakers with a soundtrack. Although it would be hard to charge the boats if they require charging when returning to the station...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Once Transformers opens, what do you think Uni will tackle next?

                        Terminator 2:3D will be turned into Despicable Me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Once Transformers opens, what do you think Uni will tackle next?

                          Originally posted by mickey11 View Post
                          Terminator 2:3D will be turned into Despicable Me.
                          Actually I belive that is a much better fit. The venue is big enough for a Simpson's-esque screen. The room before the auditorium is big enough for a small "holding" queue. I think that fits better.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Once Transformers opens, what do you think Uni will tackle next?

                            Why remove Animal Actors (which is an outdoor theater) when T2:3D is already suited for a new 4D show. Shrek is doomed for Potter, nothing will go there but potter.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Once Transformers opens, what do you think Uni will tackle next?

                              Given how Universal is looking into a Lorax sequel, I've got to say I'd rather them spend the money on a dark ride of that instead.
                              my website: http://creamcheesealchemy.com

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X