X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evolution plan update

I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Re: evolution plan update

Here's a link that includes the link to the article the OP posted.

I'm guessing Shrek is probably done for after the press release that went out today.

Theme Park Bits: ‘The Walking Dead’ and ‘Silent Hill’ Coming to Universal

Comment

Here's a beautiful site map of the expansion minus the stupid residential waste of space. Yay! :yea:

To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

But where's the loading area for the tram? there is a tram because of the new attraction's on the tram.

Comment

I'm glad to hear they jettisoned the residential houses. With space so scarce for expanding most theme parks, it seemed a waste to throw away valuable park property on just another housing tract (that could never be reclaimed). I'm not really sure that they need another hotel - they seem to have a few of them already. The Harry Potter land will be a huge success, of course, as long as they do it right, and don't scrimp on the budget (or space). I hope they don't destroy too much of the back lot. It seems that fires tend to do that on a semi-regular basis as is... they need to preserve some of the history of the lot so they can honestly say that such & such was filmed here, instead of just showing people new buildings.

Comment

Thrilled about this move. I was saddened when I heard (years ago) that Universal was going to destroy its famous backlot for apartment buildings. This is definitely a step in the right direction.

Comment

^^^Where it says Expanded Tram.
              Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

Comment

^Well how the heck will they get guest down there that or the new attractions is the new tram loading dock and they have a little preshow like hollywood studios backlot tour in disney studios in florda

Comment

I'm sure the path is just not shown.
                  Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

Comment

I am pleased the Residential designs were removed for the expansion of Universal Studios Hollywood; although I hope they will retain my favorite "back lot" features (ie Bates Motel & Bates House - well, Jaws could use an update). In order to compete with other Theme Parks, Universal Hollywood has no choice but to make room for more (new) Attractions & Rides, as well as expand City Walk & offer more Hotel Rooms / Parking to accommodate a potential increase in Theme Park Guests visiting (& it wouldn't hurt if they built new access via the Freeways to improve traffic flow IN & OUT) ...

I will miss the Universal (Gibson) Amphitheater (a great venue), but I'm sure a new one will eventually be built (concerts = extra revenue) ...

C J
                    sigpic

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

Comment

i still think if they close the HOB sunset that they should build a house of blues on property. mostly because i wont have to pay to park lol

Comment

Originally posted by TSTLSOOM View Post
                        i still think if they close the HOB sunset that they should build a house of blues on property. mostly because i wont have to pay to park lol
                        Paying for parking has killed the concert going experience in Los Angeles (for me) ... back in the day, you had the option of finding street parking for free (now Los Angeles wants you to pay to park on the street), or near a residential area (in Hollywood) you could park without a permit (but now its an instant ticket if you do) ... you are forced to valet park OR pay to park in a lot (I'm guessing if they had a House of Blues venue in City Walk they would validate parking?) ....

C J
                        sigpic

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

Comment

Originally posted by darkamor View Post
                          Paying for parking has killed the concert going experience in Los Angeles (for me) ... back in the day, you had the option of finding street parking for free (now Los Angeles wants you to pay to park on the street), or near a residential area (in Hollywood) you could park without a permit (but now its an instant ticket if you do) ... you are forced to valet park OR pay to park in a lot (I'm guessing if they had a House of Blues venue in City Walk they would validate parking?) ....

C J
                          i believe Citywalks parking goes down a bit once the USH box office closes. so it would probably be 7-10 bucks to park, but if you had an annual pass with parking it would be free everytime! (before 5) also you could always take the red line to universal city station and take the shuttle up

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X