Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumor: Is Transformers really going to come to USF?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rumor: Is Transformers really going to come to USF?

    Because, wouldn't it be better in their cards to re-theme the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man to Transformers and the rest of Super-Hero Island in IoA, to a sci-fi themed Island when USF's contract to use Marvel in it's parks expires? Plus, wouldn't it be a bit too stale to have to copies of the same ride technology?


    Timekeeper
    sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

  • #2
    Re: Rumor: Is Transformers really going to come to USF?

    I do not get it when people say it is not good to have two of the same ride technology in one resort. Big Thunder Mountain and the Matterhorn are the same ride system. Snow White's Scary Adventures and Pinnochio's Daring Journey are the same ride system. Star Tours and Body Wars were the same ride system. The Great Movie Ride and Ellen's Energy Adventure are the same ride system.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Rumor: Is Transformers really going to come to USF?

      Originally posted by WDW1971 View Post
      I do not get it when people say it is not good to have two of the same ride technology in one resort. Big Thunder Mountain and the Matterhorn are the same ride system. Snow White's Scary Adventures and Pinnochio's Daring Journey are the same ride system. Star Tours and Body Wars were the same ride system. The Great Movie Ride and Ellen's Energy Adventure are the same ride system.
      Yeah, but it gets stale for a while, plus it would be rather silly to have two similar types of the same attraction in the parks. That's a part of the reason that an Indiana Jones Adventure has not yet come to Disney World is because of Dinosaur! Plus, The Matterhorn has two different tracks, much like WDW's Space Mountain.

      Timekeeper
      sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
      Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Rumor: Is Transformers really going to come to USF?

        Originally posted by Timekeeper View Post
        Yeah, but it gets stale for a while, plus it would be rather silly to have two similar types of the same attraction in the parks. That's a part of the reason that an Indiana Jones Adventure has not yet come to Disney World is because of Dinosaur! Plus, The Matterhorn has two different tracks, much like WDW's Space Mountain.

        Timekeeper
        So the two rides are sharing the same layout and motion? Because the world of Spiderman is totally different than the world of Transformers and each ride should place guests in two totally different environments so I do not see how people would not want to ride it because they are both 3D motion dark rides. It is like saying people would not want to ride Snow White because Alice in Wonderland has the same type of ride system. However people do ride both of these rides because they are different stories that people want to be placed into.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Rumor: Is Transformers really going to come to USF?

          When people say " it is the same ride system so it shouldn't be used again"

          I then ask because haunted mansion is the first omni mover does that mean that
          spaceship earth
          buzz light year
          the seas with nemo
          little mermaid
          journey into your imagination
          should not be built?

          It is all about the story not the mechanics facilitating the story telling.
          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Rumor: Is Transformers really going to come to USF?

            Originally posted by KingEric View Post
            It is all about the story not the mechanics facilitating the story telling.
            That would be true.. if it were the story or content that was the really compelling part of the attraction.

            But here, the compelling part of the attraction is the immersive 3D motion sim. Which is exactly what spiderman and transformers both are.. and both rely entirely on for their draw.

            It's like IASW - the boats aren't the draw... so the idea there is another floating boat ride in the park really doesn't mean anything. Same as with Buzz vs HM. Both are omnimovers.. but in neither case is the omnimover the draw to the attraction or what people take away from it.

            ---------- Post added 07-24-2012 at 07:01 PM ----------

            Originally posted by WDW1971 View Post
            I do not get it when people say it is not good to have two of the same ride technology in one resort. Big Thunder Mountain and the Matterhorn are the same ride system
            Yet one's draw is that it's an indoor dark coaster.. and the other is that it's a outdoor coaster that dives and curves through a rock canyon area.

            Originally posted by WDW1971 View Post
            Snow White's Scary Adventures and Pinnochio's Daring Journey are the same ride system
            And in neither of them is the ride system anything the guests care about in the attraction - no one is drawn to Snow White because of it's rickety arrow carts.

            Originally posted by WDW1971 View Post
            Star Tours and Body Wars were the same ride system
            Yup - and Body Wars suffered greatly because of it.. so much so as the anchor to the pavilion it couldn't keep WoL significant. Body Wars is a great example where the thrill was all about the ride system and the content basically sucked.. and when the ride system wasn't enough to draw people in.. the attraction was no longer popular.

            Originally posted by WDW1971 View Post
            The Great Movie Ride and Ellen's Energy Adventure are the same ride system.
            And yet again - the ride system is basically 'out of sight, out of mind' in GMR.

            You might as well say...
            Who needs this...


            When you already have this...


            Both are middle aged females... both the same right?

            The similarities are not why Jenny and the ugly girl are different.. the similarities they share aren't even the reason people are drawn to one of them. The shared aspects are insignificant because they aren't the elements that make the 'attraction' what they are.

            However in the case of spiderman and transformers.. the shared elements basically are what make the attractions what they are. That's why its a different case then say... HM vs Buzz.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Rumor: Is Transformers really going to come to USF?

              So I just did a side by side comparison to Transformers in Singapore and the size of the show building is about the same as the land available for the ride in Florida. The reason they had to tear down the original building is most likely that they needed to excavate a basement or build a second story so the original structure would be insufficient. The ride could be a multi-storied attraction. In addition, the ride could be slightly different than the one in Hollywood. When Hollywood takes the rides from Orlando they often slightly change them up a little to fit in the tighter landscape.

              Also is it just me or does it seem like Universal Studios Florida is receiving its own mini DCA style makeover? New nighttime show, new parade, Minion Mayhem, Transformers, Harry Potter. It is nice to see all of the new activity happening here.
              Last edited by WDW1971; 07-26-2012, 10:02 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Rumor: Is Transformers really going to come to USF?

                Originally posted by WDW1971 View Post
                Also is it just me or does it seem like Universal Studios Florida is receiving its own mini DCA style makeover? New nighttime show, new parade, Minion Mayhem, Transformers, Harry Potter. It is nice to see all of the new activity happening here.
                and harry potter 2.0..
                and a new hotel...
                and more rumored stuff coming too

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Rumor: Is Transformers really going to come to USF?

                  The contract to use the Marvel characters never expires.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Rumor: Is Transformers really going to come to USF?

                    Originally posted by Timekeeper View Post
                    Because, wouldn't it be better in their cards to re-theme the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man to Transformers and the rest of Super-Hero Island in IoA, to a sci-fi themed Island when USF's contract to use Marvel in it's parks expires? Plus, wouldn't it be a bit too stale to have to copies of the same ride technology?


                    Timekeeper
                    I agree that Transformers might seem redundant with Spider-Man already there. However, Spider-Man is an extremely popular attraction and Universal has no intentions of closing it since their contract with Marvel never expires, so retheming it to Transformers, which has less lasting appeal, would be a bad move. You might actually see Transformers close before Spider-Man does.

                    And while they might seem redundant, I'd argue that the ride system is not the only thing attracting people to these two attractions.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Rumor: Is Transformers really going to come to USF?

                      Originally posted by WDW1971 View Post
                      So I just did a side by side comparison to Transformers in Singapore and the size of the show building is about the same as the land available for the ride in Florida. The reason they had to tear down the original building is most likely that they needed to excavate a basement or build a second story so the original structure would be insufficient. The ride could be a multi-storied attraction. In addition, the ride could be slightly different than the one in Hollywood. When Hollywood takes the rides from Orlando they often slightly change them up a little to fit in the tighter landscape.

                      Also is it just me or does it seem like Universal Studios Florida is receiving its own mini DCA style makeover? New nighttime show, new parade, Minion Mayhem, Transformers, Harry Potter. It is nice to see all of the new activity happening here.
                      Whenever, and I mean ever they replicate a ride/attraction where a major part of the experience involves watching something on screens, the projected images are exactly the same. (i.e., T23D, Simpsons, Star Tours, Soarin'). I wouldn't count on the ride being significantly different. Also, not sure why you looked at the footprint in Singapore rather than Hollywood, although, they too are probably exactly the same. Plus, this a not case of "Hollywood takes the rides from Orlando". It's an attraction that opened in Singapore and Hollywood about 6 months apart, and now may be coming to Orlando, although this is the same Universal that announced a "Harry Potter" land in Hollywood months ago, and ground breaking has yet to happen. Don't know that they'd try to sneak behind our collective backs and start actually building something this major without a press conference or event of some kind, but who knows.

                      Also, there is a MAJOR diffence between what's happening in UO and what happened with DCA. Those changes in DCA all happened, or were started before the park was even 10 years old. Completely different reasons for making the changes. "Harry Potter" was being built before IOA had it's ten year anniversary, but that's an addition of one land, with the rest of the park remaining pretty much the same. The UO park proper had a few changes too during it's first ten years, and had a few problems, but it was not the problematic park that DCA was.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Rumor: Is Transformers really going to come to USF?

                        Originally posted by 9oldmen View Post
                        Don't know that they'd try to sneak behind our collective backs and start actually building something this major without a press conference or event of some kind, but who knows.
                        They are building Harry potter 2.0 in both parks right now in Orlando and haven't announced the Harry potter expansion at all... uni is being very coy right now with how they plan on announcing all these efforts

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Rumor: Is Transformers really going to come to USF?

                          Originally posted by 9oldmen View Post
                          I wouldn't count on the ride being significantly different.
                          I've heard from several sources that Orlando's Transformers could potentially have several upgrades absent from the other versions. I don't know what all that consists of.

                          It's an attraction that opened in Singapore and Hollywood about 6 months apart, and now may be coming to Orlando, although this is the same Universal that announced a "Harry Potter" land in Hollywood months ago, and ground breaking has yet to happen. Don't know that they'd try to sneak behind our collective backs and start actually building something this major without a press conference or event of some kind, but who knows.
                          I don't know what's going on in Hollywood, but it's not like the two Orlando projects are hidden or anything. They're clearly building both of them.

                          Jaws closed all the way back in January but its replacement was never officially announced. They're simply being secretive. They don't want people cancelling their upcoming vacations so they can wait for these attractions to open.

                          The funny thing is, Transformers hasn't even been announced yet and will likely open around the same time as the new Fantasyland. They're really hauling butt.
                          Last edited by JtnOrl; 07-26-2012, 11:02 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Rumor: Is Transformers really going to come to USF?

                            Originally posted by 9oldmen View Post
                            Also, not sure why you looked at the footprint in Singapore rather than Hollywood, although, they too are probably exactly the same. Plus, this a not case of "Hollywood takes the rides from Orlando". It's an attraction that opened in Singapore and Hollywood about 6 months apart, and now may be coming to Orlando
                            The attraction has the same footprint in both parks. It was designed for Hollywood first, but opened in Singapore first. To save on costs it was decided to replicate the layout that was designed to fit inside the Backdraft site.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Rumor: Is Transformers really going to come to USF?

                              i dont think it will open in USF. plus having two different "same type of rides" in two different parks is no big problem.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X