Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if - Futurama where to replace The Simpsons Ride?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What if - Futurama where to replace The Simpsons Ride?

    So, I was thinking when the time where to come,
    what if Futurama where to replace The Simpsons Ride? I personally believe it'd be a good fit.
    Both of them have the same "feeling", Futurama involves a lot of Spaceships (could make for some interesting actions scenes),
    the ride could potentially be funny as well as actually have legit action scenes that wouldn't feel like they were forced to be funny,
    takes place in the future (a rather nice facade and/or queue could be built). I just think it'd be a great fit. I believe it's even a Fox property so it shouldn't be too hard to work something out with them.

  • #2
    Re: What if - Futurama where to replace The Simpsons Ride?

    Not sure if I would like a Futurama attraction. I do love the show more than what The Simpsons has become. But Groening's characters don't translate well into CG. I prefer them flat with line work, lol. It would work better b/c of the whole space ship idea. Unfortunately Futurama is not as popular as The Simpsons so they probably wouldn't go in that direction. A lot of people wouldn't get it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What if - Futurama where to replace The Simpsons Ride?

      Originally posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
      Not sure if I would like a Futurama attraction. I do love the show more than what The Simpsons has become. But Groening's characters don't translate well into CG. I prefer them flat with line work, lol. It would work better b/c of the whole space ship idea. Unfortunately Futurama is not as popular as The Simpsons so they probably wouldn't go in that direction. A lot of people wouldn't get it.
      Yeah, The Simpsons has been too "pop. culture" for my tastes lately. Translation into CG would certainly be tricky. But looking at The Simpsons', if you haven't rode before, its hard to imagine them as CG as well. Cell-shaded graphics would definitely be a must to maintain the "mood" of the animation. But with advances in graphical technology, I certainly think its do-able. Although of course the queue videos would be in 2D. As for popularity, that is definitely a big issue. I know another season is supposed to come out this year but I suppose we'll just have to see what Uni replaces it with.

      This is a good example of the type of technique I was talking about.
      Last edited by UniFan; 08-12-2012, 01:50 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What if - Futurama where to replace The Simpsons Ride?

        I would see family guy actauly! because it is very popular and mabye they can try 2d like from hanna barbera in orlando before it became jimmy and then came despicable me and with the funny stuff it would work.
        I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What if - Futurama where to replace The Simpsons Ride?

          Originally posted by UniFan View Post
          Yeah, The Simpsons has been too "pop. culture" for my tastes lately. Translation into CG would certainly be tricky. But looking at The Simpsons', if you haven't rode before, its hard to imagine them as CG as well. Cell-shaded graphics would definitely be a must to maintain the "mood" of the animation. But with advances in graphical technology, I certainly think its do-able. Although of course the queue videos would be in 2D. As for popularity, that is definitely a big issue. I know another season is supposed to come out this year but I suppose we'll just have to see what Uni replaces it with.

          This is a good example of the type of technique I was talking about.

          That is actually a better technique. I didn't think of that. And ever since The Simpsons did that Treehouse of Horrors episode of Homer entering the 3rd dimension, I always thought "please never bring them back like that." lol.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What if - Futurama where to replace The Simpsons Ride?

            Originally posted by Alexshow View Post
            I would see family guy actauly! because it is very popular and mabye they can try 2d like from hanna barbera in orlando before it became jimmy and then came despicable me and with the funny stuff it would work.
            I would love a Family Guy attraction, but I think it's too adult for the usual family-friendly fare Universal has. Which is a shame.
            "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." - Beetlejuice

            "The future is what you make it - so make it a good one." - Back to the Future

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What if - Futurama where to replace The Simpsons Ride?

              yeah or in october mabye animal actors could become a insult show like chucky and the animals are in it to.
              I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What if - Futurama where to replace The Simpsons Ride?

                Family Guy would be definitely be an attraction to bring crowds although I fear it'd end up getting butchered as a lot of stuff would have to be fabricated to make a ride out of it. I mentioned Futurama since there are actually a good number of action scenes in the series. Although they could go the parody route but that'd be no fun.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What if - Futurama where to replace The Simpsons Ride?

                  You guys are always talking about replacing the Simpsons ride with this and that, even though the ride is practically brand new!

                  This ride will last for at least the next 10 years, if not longer.
                  Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

                  Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What if - Futurama where to replace The Simpsons Ride?

                    Originally posted by Linus View Post
                    You guys are always talking about replacing the Simpsons ride with this and that, even though the ride is practically brand new!

                    This ride will last for at least the next 10 years, if not longer.
                    I'm usually not the person to do that but I just feel as though The Simpsons ride has gotten stale quite quickly. I dunno if its just me but I find the queue videos a bit annoying as I just don't feel as though they've selected the best material of The Simpsons. But that isn't really important. Now that we have Kong and Transformers, it makes The Simpsons ride look more outdated than it already is. I just feel as though they need to add something to freshen it up. Make it 3D, brighten up the screen, make a Treehouse of Horror version for HHN (even If you only change the main video or change only a couple of scenes), there could be a "random" selection of maybe 2 or 3 different experiences. Theres a lot you can do, I personally would like to see more of Krustyland. Its such a huge place if you look at the Park Map yet we only get to experience a small part of it...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What if - Futurama where to replace The Simpsons Ride?

                      Originally posted by UniFan View Post
                      make a Treehouse of Horror version for HHN
                      The Simpsons people actually proposed doing this for Orlando (possibly Hollywood as well). Even had a concept for the film laid out. Universal said no.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What if - Futurama where to replace The Simpsons Ride?

                        ^I've been waiting for that!

                        You have to remember that Universal caters to not just people who go to the parks all the time. They're main income is from the tourists who have never been on the ride.
                        Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

                        Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: What if - Futurama where to replace The Simpsons Ride?

                          There was a Futurama ride planned that was a parody of the original Star Tours ride. Jim Hill talked about a few years back on his Podcast. Even the queue was suppose to resemble the star tours ride with Bender where C3pO is. it sounded like it was going to be very funny ride.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: What if - Futurama where to replace The Simpsons Ride?

                            I don't think Futurama or Family Guy is as universally loved as The Simpsons. Sure it hasn't been as good in recent years but everybody knows The Simpsons and they are a pop-culture legend.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: What if - Futurama where to replace The Simpsons Ride?

                              Originally posted by JtnOrl View Post
                              The Simpsons people actually proposed doing this for Orlando (possibly Hollywood as well). Even had a concept for the film laid out. Universal said no.
                              Well, that is quite the bummer.

                              Originally posted by Linus View Post
                              ^I've been waiting for that!

                              You have to remember that Universal caters to not just people who go to the parks all the time. They're main income is from the tourists who have never been on the ride.
                              True, but I'm sure they want to keep their existing fans as well, plus the ride has been open for almost 5 years. Although thats not terribly long, but still.

                              Originally posted by Homan View Post
                              There was a Futurama ride planned that was a parody of the original Star Tours ride. Jim Hill talked about a few years back on his Podcast. Even the queue was suppose to resemble the star tours ride with Bender where C3pO is. it sounded like it was going to be very funny ride.
                              That would have indeed been a nice concept, risky but yeah.
                              Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                              I don't think Futurama or Family Guy is as universally loved as The Simpsons. Sure it hasn't been as good in recent years but everybody knows The Simpsons and they are a pop-culture legend.
                              Thats also true hence why they picked The Simpsons.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X