Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trip Report! Warning! Strong Opinions ahead!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report! Warning! Strong Opinions ahead!

You can read the rest of our report in the Disneyland Forum.

Day 6 Wednesday, November 7, 2012. This is the 2ndnd

Re: Trip Report! Warning! Strong Opinions ahead!

Going on Monday. So I take it do the Tram first, then down for Mummy, Transformers, and Jurassic Park(their sight shows its open next week). How long was Transformers line?

I like all the shows(Terminator, Shrek, Water World), so the park is more enjoyable for me, although I do prefer DL.

Thanks for the trip report. My wife hates smokers as well and probably has wished to do douse a cigar with a cup of water.

Comment

So, it sounds from the tone of your post that you were determined to have a bad time. Did you actually enjoy any of your experience there? I'd be really curious to know which parts of the park you liked.

Secondly, you just walked up to a total stranger and dumped water on him because you don't like smoking? Is that what this society has come to? There are ways of handling yourself and your emotions in regards to others that shouldn't happen in a polite, civilized society, and that was one of them.
      Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

Originally posted by smartlabelprint View Post
        I went over to the man and dumped my water on his cigar.
        Well, that pretty much blows any credibility on this trip report for me.
        "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
        Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
        imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

You can read the rest of our report in the Disneyland Forum.
          Now, we go into Terminator and from the stage the actress yelled at our seat selection very sarcastically. There was no need. 
          The Kimberley actress usually has to do this - and she's perfectly in character doing it, though I suspect she is genuinely irritated - because you are explicitly told to walk ALL THE WAY DOWN THE ROW. If you sit in the middle of the row - which makes it harder for others to sit because people feel entitled and then the rest of the crowd has to walk around the jerks who decided to plop down to be dead center for some reason - then you deserve to be yelled at.

There's old gum on the ground at Disney too, look down next time you're in Toontown especially. We can't always get every single piece that falls out at Disneyland before it gets stepped in and stomped down, and they can't always get to pieces at Universal before it's stepped on either. That's a general thing for any public place really.

There are arrows literally EVERYWHERE right now because of the construction and signposts throughout the upper lot especially, not to mention employees everywhere. Is it that hard to ask someone which way to go if you're confused?

As was mentioned, this lost all credibility with the cigar incident. What a horrendous way to behave as an adult!
          "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." - Beetlejuice

"The future is what you make it - so make it a good one." - Back to the Future

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
            Me too...
            For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
              Glad I'm not the only one. Sounds like a P*******der.

IF the report happened as stated, for starters OP's lucky not to have been ejected, arrested, assaulted or all of the above.
              Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Originally posted by BogLurch View Post
                Glad I'm not the only one. Sounds like a P*******der.

IF the report happened as stated, for starters OP's lucky not to have been ejected, arrested, assaulted or all of the above.

maybe they did and this is why they wrote a negative trip report

Comment

I agree. USH has the absolutely worst food of any So Cal theme park. The thing I don't get though is that you complain about their food, and then the have dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory? Talk about blech!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Exprmnt626 View Post
                    So, it sounds from the tone of your post that you were determined to have a bad time. Did you actually enjoy any of your experience there? I'd be really curious to know which parts of the park you liked.

Secondly, you just walked up to a total stranger and dumped water on him because you don't like smoking? Is that what this society has come to? There are ways of handling yourself and your emotions in regards to others that shouldn't happen in a polite, civilized society, and that was one of them.
                    To me it's the annual, "USH sucks, Disneyland rules" post. What is funny how everyone complains about the drive from Disneyland to USH. Yes, it SUCKS. This is L.A. It also sucks driving back.
                    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                      I agree. USH has the absolutely worst food of any So Cal theme park. The thing I don't get though is that you complain about their food, and then the have dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory? Talk about blech!!!

Nope. Worst food title belongs to Knotts and Magic Mountain.
                      For Disney Theme Park Video Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                        six flags is worse. also, the brookie beats many of the pastries at disney parks. hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan120420 View Post
                          Nope. Worst food title belongs to Knotts and Magic Mountain.
                          Have to agree on that one. Uni's getting a fair amount of decent food. Of course, it's almost entirely outside vendors (Panda Express, Ben & Jerry), but hey. It's to the point where I'll eat at the sandwich place on the back side of the "VIP Lounge" for sandwiches, otherwise I'd prefer to head out into CityWalk.

And don't get me started on the "Chinese Chicken and Vegetable Monstrosity" I had a few weeks back *shudder*
                          Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Betty Juice View Post
                            The Kimberley actress usually has to do this - and she's perfectly in character doing it, though I suspect she is genuinely irritated - because you are explicitly told to walk ALL THE WAY DOWN THE ROW. If you sit in the middle of the row - which makes it harder for others to sit because people feel entitled and then the rest of the crowd has to walk around the jerks who decided to plop down to be dead center for some reason - then you deserve to be yelled at.

we actually had to walk all the way around because people stopped mid aisle.

Comment

I’d prefer that you not read if you’re going to leave me snappy comments as mostly I’m just venting!
                              Too bad. This is the internet, a public space, and you can't say whatever you want under the guise of "just venting".

I know I didn’t plan as well for this park as I did for DLR but I was on the different web sites often enough to have found out about a ride closure. They simply didn’t broadcast the closure well enough. One ride we know we would have enjoyed, making it 4 for the park, and it was closed. When you have so few attractions I can see why you wouldn’t discourage someone from coming by letting them know a ride was down. We still would have gone but we would have been less disappointed.
                              When you say you were on "different web sites" did you mean the official one or fan sites? Generally, if you're looking for official information, it is best to start on the official site. This took me 5 seconds: Rides & Attractions | Universal Studios Hollywood

Anyway, I wanted the pizza hut pizza. There really isn’t much good food in this park IMHO and that was the one thing I was counting on.
                              I agree that the food here is not as good as Disney, but you were counting on Pizza Hut for good food??

I went over to the man and dumped my water on his cigar. . . I felt I had no other choice at the time.
                              For me, this was an "ahh-haa" moment in your post. You can learn a lot about a person based on their actions. You asked one employee and then had no other choice than to assault a man?

Now, we go into Terminator and from the stage the actress yelled at our seat selection very sarcastically. There was no need.
                              Were you paying attention in the attraction? Sounds like the actress was doing a GREAT job of staying in the Kimberly character.

Now, regarding the cleanliness of the Universal Park. It just seemed grungy overall. I know people talk about how much Toon Town needs to be painted. There was just a black filthy sheen of film all over the walls of the Simpsons queue. It wasn’t just here either. Walking around there was old gum all over the ground. Just ridiculous. I really appreciate the CM’s all over Disneyland cleaning up after all of us. Yes, things drop, spill, whatever. It needs to be picked up! 
                              I have always found Universal clean. However, at this point I don't think we're getting an honest comparison.

Universal was cold.
                              Here I agree with you. They should keep the park warmer.

We did enjoy Waterworld. However, I think the production could have been done with lesser actors for cheaper and the could have used the money elsewhere in the park for example, at cleaning!
                              . . .

The park is not laid out well as far as signage. If you’re that spread out you need to have more signs everywhere. They tried but then you’d reach a point where you had to go left or right following their arrows and you were lost again.
                              There are literally arrow signs EVERYWHERE in this park. I understand that the park is new to you and so you may have to use a map... but did it ever occur to you that you might get around Disneyland so much easier because you have been there before several times? There are virtually no signs like this at Disney!
                              Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X