This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Despicable Me - Minion Mayhem coming to Universal Studios Hollywood

Universal Studios Hollywood Announces 'Despicable Me Minion Mayhem' Attraction: Fully Immersive... -- UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --

Click image for larger version

Name:	LA74740-M.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	7371459

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Universal Studios HollywoodSM announces the much-anticipated arrival of "Despicable Me Minion Mayhem," a 3D Ultra-HD movie motion-simulator adventure. Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment's worldwide blockbuster Despicable MeSMUniversal Studios Hollywood SM, The Entertainment Capital of L.A.SM, includes a full-day, movie-based theme park and Studio Tour; the CityWalkentertainment, shopping and dining complex, the Universal CityWalk Cinemas, the "5 Towers" state-of-the-art outdoor concert venue, and the Gibson Amphitheatre concert and special event arena. World-class rides and attractions include the intense, award-winning ride, "King Kong 360 3-D" on the famed behind-the-scenes Studio Tour, "The Simpsons RideTM," "Revenge of the MummySM

Re: Despicable Me - Minion Mayhem coming to Universal Studios Hollywood

YAY You guys are getting the post show dance party! I was hoping that would not get cut!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Haha well this may have been a surprise to the public but we knew about this for what..almost 2 years now
      Should be fun to go on once or twice....but like many of the 3D shows they over stay they're welcome and in a way I kinda wish Shrek was taken out instead of Terminator
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Eric, with the amount of room that they will have left over in the T2 building after the theater is converted, not having the dance party would have been a shame.

I'm still not completely sold on them having yet another motion simulator/3D film at the park and especially on the upper lot and them taking up the MUCH larger T2 building to do it. I still would have rather seen a Despicable Me dark ride or something instead.
        Last edited by sir clinksalot; 03-11-2013, 03:18 PM.

Comment

This is fantastic news. From what I have seen on Orlando Parkhopper columns, it is a great attraction, and I cannot wait to experience the dance party! cannot wait for it to open, and with the amount of work that Universal can do in a short time, this will be open in 2014 on time. I am so excited. This attraction will be awsome!!!
          The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Comment

What exactly will be unique to hollywood?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

While I'm sure the attraction is great, I can't say I'm 100% thrilled about another totally film-based attraction at USH. Moreover it looks like we're getting the "a bunch of simulators in one room" model which I dislike. I'm sure it will be a great attraction, but I guess I was holding out hope for more.
              Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

I'm so stoked! Despicable Me is one of my favorite movies, and I've been super jealous that Orlando has had an attraction. Now I don't need to be! :clap: )

I'll definitely be hitting this up each visit!

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                  What I think will be unique is your entire queue will be indoors and through Grus home. Which makes me SUPER jealous!
                  Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

I see that they are a little vague about the opening date, not unusual in the business. The two alarm fire in the building back in January while they were removing Terminator didn't help things. That event probably pushed it back a few months.

Comment

Are they leaving room for a maze for HHN?
                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

perosnally, I like that HSH always remove old movies and replace with the latest movies.

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                          the facade :blush:
                          Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Hopefully, they will have an walkthrough of Gru's house. That would be awsome

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                              Are they leaving room for a maze for HHN?
                              The plans for Uni's expansion show nothing happening in the old Coke Soak area, so I assume there would be space for a maze and its line if they had open space over there and got creative.
                              Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X