X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Hollywood Hiring

MEDIA ALERT: MONDAY, APRIL 8 AT 2PM
    Universal Studios Hollywood is Hiring:Universal Studios Hollywood Holds Open Call Auditions for English, Bilingual Spanish and Mandarin Speaking Studio Tour Guides as Theme Park Recruits Ambassadors for itsIn Preparation for an Exciting SummerWHAT:WHO: Hundreds of English, bilingual Spanish and bilingual Mandarin speaking job-seekers and aspiring Hollywood hopefuls
    WHEN:Monday, April 8, 20132-4pm: Studio Tour guide -- open casting callPRESSEnter Universal Studios Blvd. off the 101 Freeway or Universal HollywoodPARKING: Drive off Lankershim Blvd. Follow signs to press parking and press check-in.
    CONTACT: Audrey Eig 818-622-2962 or cell-818-535-4859 audrey.eig@nbcuni.com

Re: Universal Hollywood Hiring

Hmm. So it's a Summer Job. Im kinda interested. But wonder how strict on who they hire. I can imagine myself speaking for the trams.

Comment

Ok I looked it up. It's a very lengthy audition. With many callbacks and trainings. I just need to know what they r looking for and tips. I'm 19 so hmm. I just hope there's not a lot of compition

Comment

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
        Ok I looked it up. It's a very lengthy audition. With many callbacks and trainings. I just need to know what they r looking for and tips. I'm 19 so hmm. I just hope there's not a lot of compition
        There is usually a HUGE amount of people, so bring your A Game and just be tough! Good luck if you decide to audition!
        "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." - Beetlejuice

"The future is what you make it - so make it a good one." - Back to the Future

Comment

Wow. I don't think ima audition anymore If there's going to be hundreds of people. Very Intimidating. How do they even find out about this job offer. It's not like they advertised it. Anyways it's Hollywood so I assume they mostly want experienced professionals. But I was a seasonal worker at knotts and currently waitlisted for Disneyland.

Comment

Hi Dannyland, if you decide to go for it, good luck.
            As far as how we know about this , are in touch with USH PR and media through our universal Orlando podcast.

Comment

Give it a shot! Every professional started as a non-professional once. They got a break, and you can, too. Maybe it's only a summer job, but they run trams in the winter, too. Be good at it, and they just might keep you on.
              I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Go for it DannyLand! You have got us Micechatters behind you!
                The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Comment

Usually 400+ show up.

Basically you get called in to a room with one of the Studio Tour Managers. You talk for about 2 minutes, and they tell you they'll call you.

Basically, they look to see how inviting you are.
                  Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

Comment

In Hollywood u never say 'good luck.' It's 'break a leg.'

Anyways the process is basically wait in line for 2 and a half hours in the very windy wind! U have a very short interview. They ask if you're an actor and why do u want to be a studio tour guide.

Mostly everyone in line heard about this job on Craig's list. I think about 40 people get the job out of the 400+ and they r very strict on who gets it or not. But it's only minimum wage. The people in line said in Hollywood they audition A LOT. Sometimes people audition for different roles 20 times and never get any callbacks. So audition audition audition!!! As many times as possible.

When u exit the building.... They tell u that it's currently spring break and they are casting for other jobs like characters and street performers.

Comment

For those who are interested, we have a post detailing how the day played out: Inside Universal » Universal Studios Hollywood Guide » Tour Guide: An Inside Look at the Interview Process
                      InsideUniversal.net - Universal Studios Hollywood.

Comment

Universal Studios Hollywood Employment Always seems updated each day and simple to keep up with job postings.

Comment

Go for it DannyLand!
                          The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Comment

Go Dannyland,make us proud!!!:thumbup:
                            Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X