Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor and Speculation: Super Silly Fun Land for the Despicable Me attraction

So we all know (at least I think we all know) that Hollywood has more space for Despicable Me than Orlando, and our version will be different and, we can guess, more elaborate. Well, Universal has applied for the trademark of "Super Silly Fun Land" the amusement park from the Despicable Me film, according to Behind the Thrills. Here is the app... You can see the address, state and city all correspond to USH:

Here's a better version:

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer...Index=0&page=1

Rumor is it will take Coke Soak Zone's spot. It makes sense. Coke Soak Zone is right next to where Despicable Me is going and Coke Soak Zone went down pretty quickly. Not to mention the space. I could see this happening, but, as usual, I'll wait for an announcement. If it does happen, I'm sure it will be a very scaled down version, or it may just be a reference to the park.

Super Silly Fun Land:

Last edited by jasmineray; 05-23-2013, 02:17 PM.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Re: Rumor and Speculation: Super Silly Fun Land for the Despicable Me attraction

I'm still not 100% - honestly not even 50% convinced - this will translate to anything in the way of attractions.

I'd honestly more expect Universal to use it for merchandise or possibly a ride-exit store. Unless they're going to radically reduce the *current* footprint for what is presumably the under-installment ride, there's just not that much room. CokeSoak was essentially an outside food area on steroids and not much more.
    Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Re: Rumor and Speculation: Super Silly Fun Land for the Despicable Me attraction

Disney's Paradise Pier vs. Universal's Super Silly Fun Land

Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by BogLurch View Post
        I'd honestly more expect Universal to use it for merchandise or possibly a ride-exit store.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	7367190148_ac84cf6d84_z.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	243.1 KB
ID:	7351254

Comment

I think it would be a cool addition
          The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Comment

Interesting - taken from the latest MiceAge report on the DM announcement:

"First, there will be a water play area, which will include splash pools, water dumps, and a multitude of fountains. If staying dry is more your style, there will also be a dry play zone for kids to climb, slide, crawl, and jump through! And finally, a new themed flat ride will have guests board their ride vehicles for a spectacular view of “Super Silly Fun Land.”"

Splitting the difference? They're keeping it contained in that back corner, but ARE adding a second ride to the complex.

Shades of USF Simpsons Springfield expansion?
            Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

I hope they can put in an El Loco S and S power roller coaster in the Super Silly Land like the one in the movie. This is the type of ride that would fit in that small footprint. and it could easily be decorated and themed to how the movie version is.
              Timber Drop Roller Coaster POV S&S El Loco Fraispertuis City France Onride - YouTube
              I think this would be an instant winner and would keep the back corner of the park very busy.

Comment

Unfortunately, "Flat ride" would likely rule out a coaster.
                Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Yeah I would expect a Spinner.
                  Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

A tame spinner at that. They don't want guests screaming interrupting any productions taking place down below.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X