No announcement yet.

Port of Entry at Islands of Adventure - Pictures

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port of Entry at Islands of Adventure - Pictures

My picture threads consist of images I have taken that focus on the architecture, landscape architecture, planning, design, and theming of the facilities highlighted. They may also contain short descriptions and commentary, but will not focus on construction progress or special events or memorabilia or food selections or my traveling companions. Hopefully these threads are a good introduction for those who have not seen these places yet. All killer, no filler!

Port of Entry at Islands of Adventure photographed in November 2008:
    Universal Orlando features two theme parks, one of which is the superbly themed and detailed Islands of Adventure, composed of 6 distinct areas around a central lake. Port of Entry is the admission area as well as the initial street-like shopping and dining area before the others are reached. It is an exotic assemblage of buildings on either side of a central axis that evokes a fantasy third-world marketplace. It was not conceived to be a recreation of one place or time, rather it is an amalgamation of buildings inspired by a mind's-eye idea of the world's ports.

Entry Lighthouse:
    The park's entry is located on the resort's central lake and is announced by this fantastic lighthouse.

Ticket Booths and Entry Gates:

Entry Arch:

Shops and Dining Area:

View Across Central Lake to Port of Entry:

Re: Port of Entry at Islands of Adventure - Pictures

It is a very inspiring entry to a park. I just love that style of architecture. So much fun and fantasy to it.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Thank you, geomorph, for all these pics threads which showcase the design aspects of theme parks that interest me most.

Port of Entry is one of my favorite pieces of themed design in the world - the details are many and the quality of materials (real stone, wood, stucco, etc.) is top notch. It delivers a perfect fantasy/adventure atmosphere.

The interiors of this land are/were very well done as well, and full of little details. PoE is on the same level as Disney at its best - it would be interesting to find out if this land's executive producer spent any time at Imagineering.
      Last edited by RandySavage; 11-22-2009, 07:26 PM.

WOW thanks for sharing never been but looks like Disney Quality

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.