Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are the Potter crowds these days?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How are the Potter crowds these days?

    So I'm planning to visit Universal and finally experience Wizarding World this winter, and was wondering about crowd conditions at the hottest new themed land in Orlando. Any recommendations for riding Forbidden Journey without waiting for hours? Any advice is welcome, thanks!

  • #2
    Re: How are the Potter crowds these days?

    Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    So I'm planning to visit Universal and finally experience Wizarding World this winter, and was wondering about crowd conditions at the hottest new themed land in Orlando. Any recommendations for riding Forbidden Journey without waiting for hours? Any advice is welcome, thanks!
    I was there today and FJ had a 75 min wait. It seems about 45 - 75 mins is standard. In my personal opinion, you WANT to wait an hour in line, because the queue is so amazing.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How are the Potter crowds these days?

      75 minutes, and that was on a Saturday? That's actually not bad. And I have heard about the great queue. Thanks, Eric.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: How are the Potter crowds these days?

        Here is a pic from yesterday in front of hogwarts


        here is the entrance to WWOHP


        The attraction has amazing capacity.
        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How are the Potter crowds these days?

          Originally posted by KingEric View Post
          Here is a pic from yesterday in front of hogwarts


          here is the entrance to WWOHP


          The attraction has amazing capacity.
          We visited the Wizarding World last Monday and Tuesday in the lead-up to Thanksgiving.

          Crowds were very heavy, similar to what you see in the photos above. There were lines just to get into the area and more long lines inside.

          It's true, the Forbidden Journey has excellent, line-eating capacity. That's not true of the rest of the attractions, particularly Olivander's Wand Shop and even the Butterbeer carts. EVERY shop had a line except the one at the ride's exit.

          If you want to truly enjoy the area, it would be best to avoid high traffic times such as Christmas - New Years. We heard the area was relatively quiet the week prior to our visit. Or stay at a Universal Resort for early entry. We did; that first hour was amazing. After that, it was a madhouse.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How are the Potter crowds these days?

            I was there on on September 27 and 29, and it looked like a ghost town compared to KingEric's pictures. If you can do it on a weekday, away from holiday times, do so.

            Even then, we waited 70 minutes for Forbidden Journey on the 27th. On the 29th the wait time seemed to be closer to 20 minutes most of the day, go figure.

            One piece of advice I'll give you is to ride it at the end of the day. As long as the wait times were on the 27th, we came back just before park closing and it was a walk-on.

            If your strategy is to get there early, consider doing Olivanders' first thing. I'd rather wait 70 minutes in the spectacula Forbidden Journey queue than any length of time out in the dull chain-linked, slow-moving line for the wand show.
            My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: How are the Potter crowds these days?

              Originally posted by PAL View Post
              If you want to truly enjoy the area, it would be best to avoid high traffic times such as Christmas - New Years. We heard the area was relatively quiet the week prior to our visit. Or stay at a Universal Resort for early entry. We did; that first hour was amazing. After that, it was a madhouse.
              Early entry is epic. When you have the WWOHP to yourself it is an incredible experience.
              Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How are the Potter crowds these days?

                Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
                If your strategy is to get there early, consider doing Olivanders' first thing. I'd rather wait 70 minutes in the spectacula Forbidden Journey queue than any length of time out in the dull chain-linked, slow-moving line for the wand show.
                I 1000% agree with you. run in, do Olivanders then spend an hour in the best attraction on earth.
                Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How are the Potter crowds these days?

                  Originally posted by KingEric View Post

                  The attraction has amazing capacity.
                  As long as it doesn't break down, like it did at least twice when I was there at the end of July. First time was an hour after park opening. Just as I got on the ride and we were taking off... *BOING!* It broke. I got to see the ENTIRE thing with the lights on, which was very cool because I never get stuck on rides like that (there are photos in a thread in this form... search for them). The ride was down for at least an hour.

                  Then later that day it broke down again! :lol:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How are the Potter crowds these days?

                    Originally posted by aimster View Post
                    As long as it doesn't break down, like it did at least twice when I was there at the end of July. First time was an hour after park opening. Just as I got on the ride and we were taking off... *BOING!* It broke. I got to see the ENTIRE thing with the lights on, which was very cool because I never get stuck on rides like that (there are photos in a thread in this form... search for them). The ride was down for at least an hour.

                    Then later that day it broke down again! :lol:
                    My experience is that they have gotten most of the bugs worked out. I have yet to have the ride "101" on me yet.
                    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: How are the Potter crowds these days?

                      Can you rent a room at Universal hotel for just one or two nights and still get early entry? I hear those hotels are pretty expensive.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: How are the Potter crowds these days?

                        Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
                        Can you rent a room at Universal hotel for just one or two nights and still get early entry? I hear those hotels are pretty expensive.
                        You can get early entry if you are staying just 1 day. But you will also get unlimited Express for the day you check-in, and the day you check out. How epic is that?
                        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: How are the Potter crowds these days?

                          The Hard Rock and Portofino are indeed quite expensive. But the Royal Pacific isn't too bad as far as price goes, and is where I usually stay. And it gets all the same benefits, since it is a resort hotel.
                          Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

                          Comment

                          Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X