Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEWS: Universal Orlando to open Despicable Me attraction and REanimate Spider-man!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWS: Universal Orlando to open Despicable Me attraction and REanimate Spider-man!

The Press Release:

Last edited by Coheteboy; 05-19-2011, 12:14 PM.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Re: NEWS: Universal Orlando to open Dispicable me attraction and REanimate Spiderman!

Can I just say that the Re-animation of Spiderman, has me geeking out at an INSANE level! It will make the ride fresh, and new all over again!

YES YES YES!

Despicable Me will also be a great addition to the park. All around WOO HOO!

Comment

Re: NEWS: Universal Orlando to open Dispicable me attraction and REanimate Spiderman!

Awesome! When is Spider-man going to close for the refurb?

Comment

I am not sure. But I am sure that they will have it down for as little as possible. My educated guess is that they will continue to replace each room with the digital projectors, and then do the big grand move sometime in 2012

Comment

And here's the video from Uni Orlando:

This sounds like good news to me. Upgrades for Spiderman and a replacement for Neutron (which was cute but in need of refreshing).
          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Re: NEWS: Universal Orlando to open Despicable Me attraction and REanimate Spider-man

This is great for Spider-Man and means that Disney still doesn't have anything they can do with Marvel over there correct? Or with the characters that are in Universal Orlando?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Exciting! Not really sure why the decided to announce the mini-golf a few days ago, as it would have added more for today.

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
              I am not sure. But I am sure that they will have it down for as little as possible. My educated guess is that they will continue to replace each room with the digital projectors, and then do the big grand move sometime in 2012
              I agree, though a few days to give a nice cleaning before its reopening would be nice.

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
              This is great for Spider-Man and means that Disney still doesn't have anything they can do with Marvel over there correct? Or with the characters that are in Universal Orlando?
              Correct. Though as of now it seems that nobody is certain if this is considered "new" and required approval from Disney. Even then, I have said a few times in other threads now, I really doubt Disney could legally get away with saying "no" if the character is being used appropriately and Disney's only real reasoning is to prevent Universal from exercising its rights to the characters.

Comment

Re: NEWS: Universal Orlando to open Despicable Me attraction and REanimate Spider-man

Yeah we can't forget the new Sci-Fi and Horror themed Mini Golf that is coming too! AHHHH So much is happening! 2012 at UO will be full of some great additions with 2013 and 2014 with some stuff in the pipeline! GO Universal!

Comment

To compare the old animation vs. the new animation

Comment

MUCH better.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I can't wait to be transformed into a minion!

Comment

This is awesome for you guys in Orlando, Florida

I heard about this news this morning.
                        http://www.facebook.com/#!/michael.ebba

Comment

Universal, once again you pull me into your grasps! 2 must see attractions opening in 2012 on both coasts. I am really excited about the Despicable Me attraction, even though not much is really known about it. I literally fell in the love with the film the first time I saw it. Cannot Wait!!!!

It seems like Uni might be trying to compete with the recent Star Tours upgrade at DL and WDW with the new Spider-Man upgrades.

Comment

Let's get this party started Universal! Also there is the new water park coming... Wondersea Island! AHHHH!

Comment

4k is a huge deal - the quality difference when you look at those types of images will shock you.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X