This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jurassic Park expansion at IOA?

This is just a rumor I've been hearing but Screamscare is reporting there maybe something in the works for new rides ain the JP area of IOA. The rumors are ripe with the possibility of a indoor B&M flying/winged coaster which I don't think there's much room ufor that. I also think the nearby neighborhoods wouldn't like that as well. I'm hoping if the rumors are true, that we finally get a Jeep safari tour type ride. Here's the link to the Screamscape article. Islands of Adventure
    Last edited by Coasterjunkie; 01-15-2013, 03:34 PM.
    Current coaster count: 179
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Six Flags Great America

Re: Jurassic Park expansion at IOA?

We have heard that, "maybe" the jeep ride will finally cone to IOA, but nothing confirmed.

Comment

Well there is a lot in flux... the difference between Universal and Disney, especially when it comes to building new attractions, is that there is A LOT more fluctuation between concepts, and when it comes time to build.

I remember when WWOHP was announced... there were so many things that were still no locked down.

I still remember hearing various concepts like a roller coaster where you are on a broom that would take you through the various buildings of hogsmemde and through the 3 broom sticks. While a cool concept, it wouldn't have worked for a lot of reasons.

While I know there are about 3 - 4 concepts with 1 concept being the favorite (last I heard) they still haven't presented them to Steven Spielberg for final approval. And once Steven gets involved there will be more tweaks, and changes
      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Well......seems like the jeep ride is out and Amber Mine coaster and Discovery Center dark ride are in.........

.com/2013/01/16/words-of-hatetofly-you-bet-jurassic/

What I find amazing is that this coaster is opening in 2014........the same year that the Seven Dwarfs coaster is opening.........despite construction not even starting yet! How does Universal continually beat Disney at streamlining its decision/planning/constructing/opening process???
        Last edited by dland_lover; 01-16-2013, 02:27 PM. Reason: Link to non-partner site removed, per MiceChat policy.

Comment

Originally posted by mainejeff View Post
          How does Universal continually beat Disney at streamlining its decision/planning/constructing/opening process???
          They don't exactly make it difficult.

Comment

JP expansion in'14 PLUS Potter 2.0 in '15 PLUS Springfield expansion? Might as well pick the lining for WDWs coffin.......

Comment

Originally posted by mainejeff View Post
              Well......seems like the jeep ride is out and Amber Mine coaster and Discovery Center dark ride are in.........

What I find amazing is that this coaster is opening in 2014........the same year that the Seven Dwarfs coaster is opening.........despite construction not even starting yet! How does Universal continually beat Disney at streamlining its decision/planning/constructing/opening process???
              2014 is not the date right now for the Amber Mine Coaster. Again there is A LOT of planning going on at Universal Creative...

Major Projects that are in the work:

USF:
              Transformers
              Potter
              Springfield
              Kidzone (Bluesky)
              New Stage Show (Bluesky)

IOA:
              Hogwarts Express
              Seuss Expansion(Bluesky)
              LOTR (Bluesky)
              JP Expansion (Bluesky)
              New Stage Show (Bluesky)
              New Night Show (Bluesky)

Resort Wide:
              New Hotel
              Water Park (Bluesky)
              New Stage Show (Bluesky)

All the things with the Bluesky tag are things that are in various forms of concept, design, approval, funding etc

There are A LOT of projects right now with who moves to the front and back burners changing monthly, weekly, and sometimes daily.

Comment

^ thanks for the list
                no matter what,this is THE best time at Universal
                Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Originally posted by mratigan View Post
                  ^ thanks for the list
                  no matter what,this is THE best time at Universal
                  You will get ZERO argument out of me on that point!

Comment

And, since Jurassic Park 4 was officially announced, an expansion in the parks makes sense. I hope they do go through with it. There really is a lot going on at the Universal parks, it's like a spark was lit.
                    Meow

Comment

I think that spark was Comcast buying up almost all of NBC/Universal and then the addition of Harry Potter.
                      Current coaster count: 179
                      100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
                      150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
                      last new park addition: Six Flags Great America

Comment

mabye jp in hollywood could get a major transformanition wth mabye a river rapids and a new ride in one soundstage.
                        I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X