Trip Report - WDFM - Harriet Burns

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report - WDFM - Harriet Burns

Pam Burns-Clair"Walt Disney's First Lady of Imagineering, Harriet Burns"

Don PeriWorking with Walt: Interviews with Disney Artists, consultant to Pixar, Walt Disney Studios, and The Walt Disney Family Museum. Don conducted many hours of interviews during the creation of the Museum. Don is also aco-author of

Chelsea Clair"Walt Disney's First Lady of Imagineering, Harriet Burns".

Some final notes on Harriet Burns, in 1992 she honored with a window on Main Street at Disneyland, and was the first woman in Disney History to receive this honor. In 2000 Harriet Burns was honored as a Disney Legend. In July of 2008 we lost a very classy lady and she will be missed. But, for Disney fans and Disneyland fans in particular, her memory will live on as we walk the park and remember her contributions to that piece of Magic we cherish.

From Don we heard about the help Harriet provided in arranging interviews for his Working with Walt book and even participating in the process to help draw out stories from older interviewees because of her magnificent memory. You could tell that Don thought of Harriet not only as a friend, but a cherished friend.

Pam, Don, and Chelsea were most kind to spend most time after the session to sign books, and my future imaginer now has one more item to add to her inspiration collections.

My commentary on the event:

Again, I hope you found reading this report as much as I enjoyed writing it.
    My Disney blog:

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.