This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special July Events

Normally I'd be here, but I'll be in Disneyland itself at the time!

Disneyland 55: A Birthday Celebration

The Disneyland Story! With your host, The Walt Disney Family Museum. Join us for an amazing weekend of discussions and film as we take the incredible journey from idea to creation of the most loved place on earth!

For Founding Members Only Friday July 16, 2010

Behind the Scenes at Disneyland: The Back Story of Its Creation

6:30 pm, Theater

Please call 415.345.6810 to purchase your ticket.
    Limit 2 tickets per Founding Member.

Saturday July 17, 2010

3:00 pm, Theater

Sunday July 18, 2010
    The Happiest Places on Earth: A Look at Disney Parks Around the Globe
    3:00 pm, Theater
    Disney Legends Dick Nunis and Marty Sklar, along with Senior Executives Craig Russell and Bruce Vaughn from Walt Disney Imagineering

Member tickets for July 17 and July 18 programs will be available online on Monday, May 24, 2010

Re: Special July Events

COOL! I'll be there.

Where did you find this link? It's not up on the Museum website yet, I'd say you have a pretty good inside source.

ETA: Oops, my work email had a problem this weekend, and I didn't get the Museum email until a few hours ago.

Got my tickets for all three events. :yea:
    Last edited by Second Star; 05-24-2010, 03:49 PM. Reason: Correction
    My Disney blog: http://disneyhistory-myjourneyofdiscovery.blogspot.com/

Comment

I wonder when the tickets went on sale? the tickets for the 17th are already sold out! I wanted to see Tony Baxter

Comment

Anyone have any extra adult tickets for the 17th? I would pay generously.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantsTheRedhead View Post
          I wonder when the tickets went on sale? the tickets for the 17th are already sold out! I wanted to see Tony Baxter
          Tickets went on sale yesterday at 3 PM to Museum members first. Somehow, I'm not surprised it sold out so quickly.

Comment

Yeah, these things sell out quickly. Even the first major event, with Marty Sklar, back in November, sold out pretty quick. However, there are less than 200 seats in that auditorium, so it's not too hard to sell out. I'm regretting I'll miss meeting Tony and Jay since they're the ones I've always wanted to meet for a long time, but I'm sure they'll be back. Marty and Diane Disney I've met already (she's there often). But, I can't complain being at Disneyland at the time lol. Have fun everyone, and tell us all about it!

Comment

If things weren't so crazy for me here right now, I'd be planning on being at Disneyland myself. DL and I celebrate our anniversaries (err birthdays) within a few weeks of each other. We're both 55.

So, I'm glad I've got the Museum so close, and had the funds to join when it opened. I'll at least be able to celebrate at the Museum.

I haven't had the opportunity to meet Diane yet, but I hoping to change that one in the near future. I've made all the member events, and most of the general sessions, and had a blast doing it.

I forgot to say thank you for your OP. If I hadn't seen it, I might not have gotten in - in time. For reasons of my own stupidity, I didn't get the members notification until later on Monday.

So, THANK YOU! and I hope you enjoy your time at Disneyland.

Comment

you're welcome! We've probably crossed paths before and don't know it, as I've been to all the member events too lol. I usually sit in the very front row.

If you meet Tony, please tell him we need the Peoplemover back! lol Bob Gurr agrees.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
                  you're welcome! We've probably crossed paths before and don't know it, as I've been to all the member events too lol. I usually sit in the very front row.

If you meet Tony, please tell him we need the Peoplemover back! lol Bob Gurr agrees.
                  Yup, we've probably at least seen each other, my wife and I have made all the member events too. And I've taken my daughter to many of the sessions. We have made the front row yet, but, I think that may change for the Don Hahn session. Sam got to meet him at the Roy E. Disney Tribute and is really looking forward to seeing him at the Museum.

If I get the chance, I will pass your message along.

Finally, we'll have to figure out a way that we can meet in person sometime up at the Museum.

Comment

Sounds good. (Are you the gentleman who used to work at Epcot? I see him a lot.)

If they can, maybe Tony or Jay can sign a paper or napkin for me? lol

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
                      Sounds good. (Are you the gentleman who used to work at Epcot? I see him a lot.)

If they can, maybe Tony or Jay can sign a paper or napkin for me? lol
                      Nope, never worked for Disney in any capacity, darn it. Been in the Bay Area for most of my life.

I have a little note book I bought in the gift shop that I've been getting autographs in. I'll see what I can do about getting an extra signature for you.

Comment

Last edited by HiddenMickey87; 06-06-2010, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Last edited by BlueSkyDriveBy; 06-06-2010, 12:38 PM.
                          "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

Fair enough and good point, my apologies. Info removed.

Comment

Looking forward to the program tomorrow at the Museum. I am so excited that Castmember Matt will be speaking!
                              The Mur

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X