This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Walt Disney: A Giant at the 1964 World's Fair"

Any other SF Micechatters attend this amazing panel? Such a pleasure to hear Bob Gurr, Marty Sklar and Frank Stanek talk about the fair itself and more importantly Walt's contribution. I was glad we arrived fairly early as there was apparently an error that caused tickets to be oversold.

Re: "Walt Disney: A Giant at the 1964 World's Fair"

I attended and greatly enjoyed it - lots of fun stories and interaction, Bob Gurr always great fun to listen to and was my first time seeing/meeting Mr. Sklar, who is of course very well known. Plus a trip to the museum (where the signing was) always worthwhile - the ILM/Lucas screening room is amazing, great acoustics and design for sound, by the way.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Re: "Walt Disney: A Giant at the 1964 World's Fair"

I agree about the ILM screening room. I have been in there for film screenings and the sound is amazing (as might be expected). I have never seen any of the panelists in person and they were all great fun in addition to all the anecdotes they shared. Bob Gurr seemed a like a fun guy to have a beer with.
      We skipped the signing (my god, the line was long) and watched the Wonderful World of Color World's fair episode in the screening room. I love that episode.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X