This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deaf Day at Disneyland 3-10-07

I was just informed by a classmate who happens to be in a Sign Language class that it is Deaf Day tomorrow at the Disneyland Resort. Apparently, schools from around the county are all going to be there and help the hard of hearing around DL. She told me that there will interpreters on every ride (Not quite sure how that works. Maybe doing the safety speils?)

But anyway, if you know a bit of Sign Language and you want to make some new friends, head down to the Resort tomorrow and have some fun!

Be sure to dress cool because it gonna be HOT tomorrow!!!

Re: Deaf Day at Disneyland 3-10-07

I'm sorry, but I think that is just an awesome idea!
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

There used to be a deaf night at Starbuck's at the Block of Orange. It was always really quiet on that side of the mall...
      Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

What a great idea for the hearing impaired to enjoy DL the very best way!
        Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
        it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

I think this is awsome. I hope everyone has fun tomorrow .

Comment

Dangit! My Deaf friends and I were just talking about it, but we thought it was in summer for some reason. Oh well. I guess I can't be one of the interpreters. Does sound like fun. I was teaching the characters ASL last week when we'd pose for pictures.

Peace,
            Roo
            husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

off topic a bit but i saw an ad for the new baby einstein dvd the other day on abcfamily and it was called my first signs. and it showed how you can teach your toddlers beginning signs. I thought that was so cool. figment took asl in high school but i have so much trouble getting him to use it now.

Comment

Yep yep I signed to a lot of people while working. (I'm hard of hearing and basically know ASL fluently now).

Comment

one of the coolest things we saw on the 10th was someone signing the Billy Hill and the Hillbillies show for the deaf people in the audience, that was awesome.
                  Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                  -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                  elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                  Originally posted by pratt55
                  Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Originally posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
                    I was just informed by a classmate who happens to be in a Sign Language class that it is Deaf Day tomorrow at the Disneyland Resort. Apparently, schools from around the county are all going to be there and help the hard of hearing around DL. She told me that there will interpreters on every ride (Not quite sure how that works. Maybe doing the safety speils?)
                    Oh that sounds like it would of been a fun day in the park. I'm an ASL student so I find that it's good for me to watch as many people signing since everyone does it a bit differently...

Originally posted by Roo719 View Post
                    Dangit! My Deaf friends and I were just talking about it, but we thought it was in summer for some reason. Oh well. I guess I can't be one of the interpreters. Does sound like fun. I was teaching the characters ASL last week when we'd pose for pictures.

Peace,
                    Roo
                    Oh fun. Roo, you will have to teach me the character signs one of these days! :cgrin:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X