Sarasota/Manatee AIDS Walk 2007

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarasota/Manatee AIDS Walk 2007

Greetings fellow Micechatters!

Some of you may know from my story being shared each year around World AIDS Day, but many of you probably don't. I lost my father to this terrible disease as a teenager, and through my work with local organizations I've also watched many dear friends struggle through an HIV positive life. Because of this, it's a cause that is very close to my heart.

I will once again be participating in my local AIDS Walk this coming October, and I would be very appreciative of any support you wonderful Micechatters could throw my way. I know that the site is officially endorsing the CHOC Walk this year, and that is fantastic. If you have room in your hearts (and wallets) for more than one good cause this year though, I would very much appreciate your support of the AIDS Walk.

You can very easily donate at this website:
    You'll just need to enter my Walker ID which is 1063

I thank you all for considering this very worthy endeavor.

I don't believe there are any other Micechatters in my immediate area, but if there are and you are interested in joining my team just let me know and I'll get you that information.

Re: Sarasota/Manatee AIDS Walk 2007

Gratuitous *bump* for support. Any donation, no matter how big or small, is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

5 weeks to go and I could really use some donations. Any amount is appreciated.

I'll beg if that's what it takes.

I think it's great that you're participating, good luck in raising more funds. I did the CA AIDS Ride 6 years in a row (S.F. to L.A. bike ride). I know it can be tough raising money with so many charities asking. HIV/AIDS is still affecting millions of people. Keep it up!!

I know this event takes place during the MCI2 trip next month... I hope I will be able to congratulate you in person after you're through!

left a a small donation. wish i could have given more but as you say every little bit helps. too bad this couldnt get a bit more exposure.

Thank you. We're trying to get more exposure. This is only the second year it's been done locally, so hopefully it will continue to grow each year. I was really amazed with the success last year for the first one, so I'm eager to do even better this year.

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.