Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue Sky Cellar Unveils Exciting New Magic Coming To Disney's California Adventure

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Sky Cellar Unveils Exciting New Magic Coming To Disney's California Adventure

, the Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar is a place where Guests will get an exclusive sneak preview of what is new and what is in store for the expansion of the Disneyland Resort. Beginning October 20, Guests will view working models as well as dozens of concepts and sketches from Disney Imagineers, the creative minds behind the design and construction of Disney theme parks and attractions.

About Walt Disney ImagineeringAbout the Disneyland Resortwww.disneyland.com, call (866) 60-DISNEY or contact local travel agents.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 10-15-2008, 12:06 PM.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: Blue Sky Cellar Unveils Exciting New Magic Coming To Disney's California Adventur

That place looks amazing!

I am so happy that they decided to go ahead with the preview center. It should create some great buzz about DCA.

Comment

Re: Blue Sky Cellar Unveils Exciting New Magic Coming To Disney's California Adventur

Looks Great! Can't wait to check it out for myself this sunday.
      Everybody's got a laughin' place-
      trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

It's nice to have some conceptual drawings for the numerous projects that DCA is in need of, and it is good that they will be rotating different items every 8 months, or so, especially since they are limited to the space they have.

But I'm a little perplexed WHY would they place a maquette of the Toy Story Midway Mania ride vehicle, in such limited space, when that portion of the the project has been open and running for 4 month - lets see the future stuff. Don't show us the new stuff - we can see that in person for real, just a few steps away. Hope they stay ahead of the game . . . .
        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

The TSMM stuff helps them promote it as the beginning of the transformation of PP and the park as a whole. It's a chance for them to say to us fans, hey we're serious about this park and there's already tangible proof to show we're committed. They know people like the ride and the building a lot, so they are just trying to get people excited by the prospect of bringing that level of quality to the entire park. I agree though, it's more exciting to see coming attractions. I really can't wait to see some of the things that we've yet to see at all.
          The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
          -Walt Disney

Comment

you don't need the TSMM stuff in Blue Sky, to promote the transformation. It's already there, for real!
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Below, please find a link to our review of the new Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar.
              The report includes dozens of pictures and lots of information:

A Fix For California Adventure - A Different Look At Disney
              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Well; glad it's there... not a big fan of some of the concepts but at least they are doing something. Thank you Dusty for the report/photos.
                "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

wow, i can't wait till i see this stuff in person! i am really fascinated by scale models especially of the parks and the PP one looks great! I like how there are more defined entrance/exits to the Sunwheel/Mickey's Fun Wheel and how you can walk out and around it. I also like the rock work that screamin' trains come out of and think that a cavern area under the boardwalk bridge would be cool if they do it. I'm not a big fan of how the parachute drop looks but we'll see what happens. And lastly did anyone else notice the new carousel structure! it looks so much better and themed better to the new pier!

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                    Well; glad it's there... not a big fan of some of the concepts but at least they are doing something. Thank you Dusty for the report/photos.
                    Great job as usual, Dusty! I'm also anxious to see some of these DCA improvements in person. Looks very promising!

-- Barry
                    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

While I am excited to see improvements to DCA, I have yet to see anything close to a Billion dollars in concept; however I expect most will be spent on labor and finishing the projects on time or within the projected timetable.
                      While I am a fan of older Disney concepts; I also appreciate Pixar contributions, but fail to see the big draw for CARS or for giving a majority of the expansion space to a CARS area. The DCA concept still seems very jumbled with a 1920's era at the entrance to sort of what ever is left over elsewhere. It seems less of an Adventure and more of Wonderment.
                      Vance DeBar "Pinto" Colvig was born on September 11, 1892. I was born on September 11, 1959. Goofy huh?
                      OOPS.....

Comment

yea Cars isn't exactly a beloved classic. I can see one ride for it because it sorta kinda ties into the whole Route 66 mythos thats apart of California culture. But creating a whole land for it that takes up like a third of the park?? If they wanted to do something like that tthey were better off getting the rights to Lord of the Rings and create a Middle-Earth land which would be a much bigger draw to guests of all ages. You could even tie-it to the theme by having it be an expansion of Hollywood Pictures Backlot and your entering the set of a hot new movie. It makes about as much of sense as Carsland and would be more popular.

Comment

Hope not all of the cars' rides (3) will be a kiddie rides..... Maybe one can have speed to it like the Test track???:ap:
                          Disneyland Deluxe Passholder

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X