This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/5: Going Postal

Steve looks at the Disneyland Railroad and its Post Office connections. Discuss it here!

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: MiceAge.com - A different look at Disney...
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 2/5: Going Postal

I love your articles Steve! Do you have a copy of the stamp from when Disneyland DID stamp letters with the official seal? That would be interesting to see.

Comment

I may, daliseurat. I'll have to check the backs of the several postcards I have from the early days.

Thanks for the kind words.

Comment

Very interesting article! Now I have that song stuck in my head, and I don't know all of the words anymore.
        "Casey Jones!
        Chuggin' through the water!
        Casey Jones!
        Goin' through the mud.
        Casey Jones!
        Chug, chug, chug..."
        That's all I've got. I remember an Irish male voice singing. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say it was the same gentleman who voiced the March Hare in "Alice in Wonderland". But it's been a long time since I've seen that cartoon.
        Oo-de-lally!

Comment

Originally posted by AliKzam View Post
          Very interesting article! Now I have that song stuck in my head, and I don't know all of the words anymore.
          "Casey Jones!
          Chuggin' through the water!
          Casey Jones!
          Goin' through the mud.
          Casey Jones!
          Chug, chug, chug..."
          That's all I've got. I remember an Irish male voice singing. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say it was the same gentleman who voiced the March Hare in "Alice in Wonderland". But it's been a long time since I've seen that cartoon.
          Jerry Colonna (1904 - 1986) was the Narrator. Google up "The Brave Engineer" short from 1950.

And yes, he also was the voice of the March Hare in Alice in Wonderland.

--<< Bruce >>--
          There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X