This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/21: Alien Encounter

A review of DisneyWorld's new Stitch show, Fairy Tale U. Discuss it here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: MiceAge.com - A different look at Disney...
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 5/21: Alien Encounter

Now who would have thought that our Kevin specialized read to me in German from a big fat book written in Fraktur script. They are certainly nothing at all like the Disney versions.

Comment

Nun, die einzige Frage ist, hast du die urspruenglichen Versionen gelesen? Even in Fraktur, usually folks were reading the *revised* versions rather than the, uh, unadultured versions.
      Kevin Yee
      MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
      Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
      Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
      Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
      Mouse Trap
      Tokyo Disney Made Easy
      101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
      Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

Walt did not build his original Disneyland to house the characters. The movie characters lived in Fantasyland alone, and the other lands were for imagining different kinds of worlds. Quite a lot of that has been lost in the meantime.
        You hit this right on Kevin! Thankyou!
        http://twitter.com/#!/CaseyCBeard

http://www.facebook.com/Coach.Casey.Fitness

www.beachbodycoach.com/caseyb

www.myshakeology.com/caseyb

sigpic

Comment

Da bin Ich nicht sicher ob Diese die urspruengliche

Comment

Interesting, Kevin - my father also taught at UCF, in the accounting dept., when we lived in Orlando! And the school was also almost my choice of university last year. Sigh...

Good to hear that someone likes the new Stitch show. I'll have to be sure to check it out in July.
            Last edited by MarkTwain; 05-22-2009, 12:10 AM.

Comment

A couple weekends ago, I went to MK to check out Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration, and while waiting for the 2:15pm show, I happened to overhear someone explaining the show to his wife and parents. The guy was castmember who came up with the stage show (I didn't catch his name and too shy to join in on the conversion). Well, he did mention that they were going to add a cover to the audience area... so I guess it's just one of those things that didn't make the first iteration, and I expect the show to evolve (a la MILF?).

Comment

Kevin, plus 10 for you for using "mostly harmless."

Click the banner! ^^^^
                Follow us on Twitter
                @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

I try to let my inner geek shine through every so often
                  Kevin Yee
                  MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
                  Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
                  Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
                  Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
                  Mouse Trap
                  Tokyo Disney Made Easy
                  101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
                  Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

If the Honors college had that class when I was enrolling there, I would have actually gone that route.

As it is though, I drive through UCF every day - I wonder how many turn out from the Hospitality program to work at Disney?

Comment

Thanks for the honest and "harmless" review of SSC. We're not big on standing around watching shows, so I doubt we'll ever see it, especially not in mid-afternoon when the sun and that part of the park is already 10,000 degrees! This just blows my mind that they would build something like this and not put some kind of cover over it. The geniuses who thought of this should be subjected to sitting thru at least one afternoon show per day so they can experience what it's like to be a guest! Un-freakin'-believalbe! I guess it just goes to show how clueless the management at WDW have become. Whilst their competitors are busy opening major thrill attractions this summer, Disney rolls out this?!?! Nice job guys!
                      Imagineering by Grumpyfan

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X