X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 Animated Feature films vie for 3 Oscar nominations

Beverly Hills, CA (November 15, 2010)

The 15 features are:

Under the rules for this category, in any year in which 8 to 15 animated features are released in Los Angeles County, a maximum of 3 motion pictures may be nominated. If 16 or more animated features are submitted and accepted in the category, a maximum of 5 motion pictures may be nominated.

Films submitted in the Animated Feature Film category also may qualify for Academy Awards in other categories, including Best Picture, provided they meet the requirements for those categories.

"If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: 15 Animated Feature films vie for 3 Oscar nominations

My 3 favorites of the year so far in order (Haven't seen Tangled yet):

Toy Story 3
    Despicable Me
    How To Train Your Dragon

Comment

my picks for nomination:

legend of the guardians
      toy story 3
      how to train your dragon

my choice for the winner....veryyy difficult. i absolutely loved legend of the guardians. however it was slow in parts and too quick in others. but the visuals were absolutey stunning!! how to train your dragon also had great graphics and was a very good movie. toy story 3 was great as pixar usually is. i would say the race is a good one this year. i think i have a softspot for legend of the guardians and i have no idea why haha but i'm pulling for it. but my assumption is that toy story 3 will win.
      Last edited by kburford; 11-16-2010, 10:56 AM. Reason: only 3 nominees-thanks sir clinksalot!

flower gleam & glow...

Comment

^ There will only be 3 nominees.

Comment

just out of curiosity, can people go watch the announcement at the theater on Jan. 25th?

Comment

I'd love to see How to Train your Dragon get it. I really don't want Disney rewarded for the mess they've made of Tangled.

ps. How is Cats and Dogs allowed? it's live action, with CGI characters.

Comment

For me, it's: However, I haven't seen Tangled yet, so that could certainly make the list if it is as good as it looks.

-Dusty
              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

I agree Dusty..those were my favorite 3 also.

Comment

Originally posted by MainStreetJake View Post
                  just out of curiosity, can people go watch the announcement at the theater on Jan. 25th?
                  No credentialed media only. For the second largest event of the year for AMPAS they wouldn't appreciate or tolerate potential interference or security issues from the general public.
                  "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X