• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Al Lutz
    MiceAge Founder & Editor
    MiceAge Columnist
    • Jan 2005

3/31: Pressing Matters

Cool Things, Fun Events... Discuss Sue's latest finds here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: Pressing Matters - MiceAge.com
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp
  • StevenW
    Banned User
    • Jul 2010

Re: 3/31: Pressing Matters

Nice update. Huntington Library is a great place to visit. Unfortunately, much of the park needs to be renovated. If you haven't been there lately like myself, I'll wait until it is finished. What's another couple of months?

As for Whoopi, I can care less about her. This is one fun person who excuses . Not safe for Disney or Universal.

Comment

• Sparky
      • Aug 2005

Sue, thanks for the mention of the Huntington Japanese Garden renovation! Huntington is also one of my favorite places. Living in the vicinity, I've had yearly memberships for several years now. I can't wait to see the completed Japanese Garden renovations and enhancements. Also really looking forward to completion of future phases of the awesome Chinese Garden. As one who is interested in film locations and who volunteers with a historic film location site, just yesterday I stumbled upon this neat web page that lists films and television shows that have shot at the Huntington. Film at Huntington Gardens - Previous Projects Some of the titles, like The Country Bears, were surprising to me! If you click on the titles that have links, it will take you to pages that describe what scenes from those productions were shot on the Huntington grounds.

Don Bitz

Comment

• Sparky
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by StevenW View Post
        Huntington Library is a great place to visit. Unfortunately, much of the park needs to be renovated. If you haven't been there lately like myself, I'll wait until it is finished. What's another couple of months?
        Actually, there has been a lot of renovation as well as new additions to Huntington Gardens in the last few years. The main gallery (the mansion) was thorough restored not that long ago. The conservatory area opened a few years back. The new Chinese Garden opened a couple of years ago. And, very recently a new Bonsai Court addition to the Japanese Garden debuted. Yes, there may be a few areas that still await renovation, but, on the other hand, a lot actually has been done. As for the Japanese Garden reno, it will take more than a couple of months. It will be closed for about a year.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X