This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/3: Brick House

Kevin has a photo tour of Disney World's newly refurbished Lego Store... Discuss it here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: Brickhouse - MiceAge.com
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 5/3: Brick House

While the new sculptures are a definite improvement, the 'generic statues' were larger versions of sets that you could actually buy. Granted that was like, 5 years ago. But like with the little dragon set, it's nice for the employess to be able to say there is a smaller version for sale.
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Comment

Very nice update. Be sure to cover the Legoland park in Orlando when it opens.

I will visit the one in San Diego soon with their new Star Wars mini-land and water park.

Comment

I always assumed that the robot was part of the LEGO Bionicle series of sets?

Comment

Disney should have a collaboration with Legoland. The product is definitely a complement to Disney. Yes it would take a day away from Disney, but Legoland's demographic group is a little different from Disney and definitely different from Universal. Also Legoland features Star Wars, so it's like one big happy family. Lego also sells Harry Potter, but 10 years from now I predict kids will still buy Star Wars play sets, but not Hogwarts.

Comment

I think this is the third time the store in Florida was remodeled, I remember that it used to have a big circular dome in 2002, then the previous version of the store in 2007 and now the new one looks different, with some Disney Characters no less! I do hope they sell the sea serpent Lego set online.

Timekeeper
            sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
            Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Does Buzz have a good hold on his Woody?

Comment

Originally posted by Skippy View Post
                I always assumed that the robot was part of the LEGO Bionicle series of sets?
                No, the robot was from a line called Exoforce. Essentially a Lego interpretation of old Japanese giant robot shows.

Bionicle on the other hand had a completely different aesthetic from regular line Lego, building on the Technic and Throwbots line. The leader of the original set of Toa heroes, Tahu, was a statue inside the store for a while though.
                M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                sigpic
                Flickr

Comment

Kevin.....Few questions..

Are they doing something about the gutters and the front of the store? It seems as if it is missing a sign. As far as the gutters, if you look up close, you can see a million finger prints and smudges...

Are there plans to paint the gutters and ad a sign to the front where it is empty?

thanks!

Comment

Kevin

I like your updates very much, and I think that the new improved Lego is amazing, but the last time I went to WDW in 2003 wasn't there a dragon made of lego in the lagoon?

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

Please don't call them LEGOs
                      MagicalTrash.com - Documenting the trash cans of Disney theme parks and resorts

Comment

Originally posted by Rocker View Post
                        Kevin

I like your updates very much, and I think that the new improved Lego is amazing, but the last time I went to WDW in 2003 wasn't there a dragon made of lego in the lagoon?
                        Yes, it's been there for a while!
                        Kevin Yee
                        MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
                        Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
                        Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
                        Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
                        Mouse Trap
                        Tokyo Disney Made Easy
                        101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
                        Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

Originally posted by KevinYee View Post
                          Yes, it's been there for a while!
                          Oh ok. Thanks for the info!!

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X