This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/21: A Different Kind of Marathon

Join the discussion of Kevin Yee's latest article.
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Wow, Nara Dreamland, is THAT creepy.
    -Monorail Man

Comment

I really love Strong Bad and Homestar Runner. It's a great site full of stupid humor!
      Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

Comment

There's another way to visit the park other than from dawn to dusk?

Nice to see someone acknowledge the tourist outlook once. And keep on fighting the good fight re: FastPass!

Comment

I went to the other site to view some of the videos. I watched the Tokyo DL and man, do they have a nice park! The journey to the center of the earth looked awesome.

Comment

I love that photo of Everest. Looks HUGE.

And I'm with Monorail Man - Nara Dreamland looks creepy. The Bizzaro Disneyland.
            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

That River Safari Movie is so awesome, but I usually enjoy myself on the jungle cruise ... can't wait to go back with them with the guns though Oh, and I really think Expedition Everest looks awesome!
              Originally posted by drunkmom
              this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

I agree that visiting with out of towners always gives a different perspective. As someone who works there or visits often, you can start missing and taking for granted the basics that really hit first time guests. Taking different people can help you see the magic in some of the places you have forgotten.

After awhile, we start to see the park in paint chips, nonworking AA's or castmember mistakes..perhaps getting a new perspective helps to bring just a bit more of that magic back for us. (But it will not prevent us from going to city hall and reminding them of what is not working!)

Thanks for the article!

Duck!

Comment

he has an image of it topped off... YES.. i was wating all day to see it Toped off with the flag up top!!!!!

Thank you....

Comment

i love going with people that haven't been there or that haven't been as often as i have. it's kinda cool to see their reaction. Nara Dreamland is a little strange lookin, but forgive me, what is that?

Comment

See this thread for more of Nara Dreamland with links to a bunch of pictures and impressions.

Comment

Originally posted by Monorail Man
                        Wow, Nara Dreamland, is THAT creepy.
                        I'm surprised that park hasn't had the Disney Lawyers come knocking on their doors just like in that one episode of The Simpsons where the Lawyers went to the fair at Springfield Elementary for using the slogan "Happiest Place on Earth"

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania
                          See this thread for more of Nara Dreamland with links to a bunch of pictures and impressions.
                          Thought the same thing, but that is Dream LAND. And Dream Land is in Thailand, not Japan.
                          -Monorail Man

Comment

We actually had a quite a Nara Dreamland discussion in that thread as the discussion of knockoff parks continued. There's a bunch of links included. My favorite is the LP board post from the guy who went there and was begging people to not do the same.

I get Dreamland (Japan) and Dream World (Thailand) confused. They should seperate the identities of the two and call the Thailand one "Walt Dream World."

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa
                              I'm surprised that park hasn't had the Disney Lawyers come knocking on their doors just like in that one episode of The Simpsons where the Lawyers went to the fair at Springfield Elementary for using the slogan "Happiest Place on Earth"

I thought of that too and I thought maybe the copyright (or whatever) type laws can't hold up in Thailand? Interesting though. And it certainly is a creepy looking place.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X