This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/23: Nothing But Blue Skies, Part I

In honor of the park's upcoming 15th anniversary, Guest Columnist Alain Littaye takes you on a tour of the Disneyland Paris ...that never was. Discuss it here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 3/23: Nothing But Blue Skies, Part I

I was there the first week the park opened up and I wish I could have seen some of these different things. Sad to see they didn't make it.

Comment

Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

Comment

Great article.

Someday we will visit DLP!!!

Comment

San Francisco has the Musee Mechanique. It can be found here... www.museemecanique.org It celebrates coin operated machines through history up to modern day. Lots of fortune teller machines, various antique music players, and even video games from the 80's. Moon Patrol anyone? I played the Pirates of the Caribean pinball while I was there. It's a great place, it's free, and something worth seeing. It does have that eerie carnival feeling though. I can see Disney doing something like this and doing something really special with it.

I like in the drawing for the Adventurers Club the "Target" with the hole in it underneath the Parrot. Very subtle joke there. Also paying homage back to the Tiki Room where they remind us we are sitting underneath the birds.

Comment

Originally posted by darth muppet View Post
            San Francisco has the Musee Mechanique. It can be found here... www.museemecanique.org .
            Been there! loved that place, bought the CD of the music machines..
            "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

What a great update. Fantastic job! Thanks for sharing!

Regardsarama,

Jon
              Jon A. Leslie
              nojarama
              http://www.nojarama.com

Comment

I really loved the 1920s-30s Main Street idea. something like this should be put into DCA. i have heard that an idea for that park was to have a "Main Street" themed to 1920s Hollywood, the Hollywood Walt saw when he first came. a restaurant like the concept showed would be perfect in DCA.
                Check out my Mickey Mouse Cartoon Blog!!

Comment

Originally posted by linklewtt View Post
                  I really loved the 1920s-30s Main Street idea. something like this should be put into DCA. i have heard that an idea for that park was to have a "Main Street" themed to 1920s Hollywood, the Hollywood Walt saw when he first came. a restaurant like the concept showed would be perfect in DCA.
                  They actually are going to make DCA's entrance area this way (20's-themed anyway).

Of course, I wish the Little Mermaid ride came to be a reality, but I wish I knew more about the Beauty and the Beast show.
                  ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

Comment

Excellent article. I would have loved to see Alice's Curious Labyrinth and the Beauty and the Beast show.
                    The daydream princess

Comment

I am sad

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X