X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Where Dreams Come True" portrait series December teaser ad

Disney's dazzling 'Dreams' - USA TODAY 1/26/07
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...+david+beckham
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: "Where Dreams Come True" portrait series December teaser ad

Hmm... do we know who the photographer of this series will be? Annie or another?
    -Tim

Comment

...Yawn.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
        Hmm... do we know who the photographer of this series will be? Annie or another?

The series photographer is Annie Leibovitz.

In addition to the three debut images, Disney Parks has commissioned more images by Leibovitz that will feature other celebrities in classic, Disney fairy tale settings.
        Stars Play Out Disney Park Fantasies In New Images
        Unveiled by Annie Leibovitz
        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

I really don't see how this campaign makes any sense at all. Just seems like cash being spent on advertising that doesn't really target a specific demographic.
          MagicalTrash.com - Documenting the trash cans of Disney theme parks and resorts

Comment

I agree Tannerman. Additionally, I don't see what the point of having a teaser ad for an ad is. I mean.... seriously?! Are we supposed to be wetting ourselves in anticipation, wondering what actor, singer, or sports star Disney paid outrageous sums to to pose for another pointless print ad? Come on!

It's ridiculous. The first set of pictures were nice, sure, but really wholly unnecessary. We should be getting teaser advertisements for the next big theme park attraction. Not teaser ads for the next big theme park advertisement.

Absolutely ridiculous. Jay Rasulo needs to get a reality check, ASAP.

Comment

From Disney's dazzling 'Dreams' - USA TODAY 1/26/07

Recruited by Disney to promote Disneyland and Walt Disney World's Year of a Million Dreams campaign, Leibovitz persuaded her famous friends to dress up as classic Disney characters. The first images in this ongoing series will appear in the March issues of Vogue, Vanity Fair, W, GQ, Conde Nast Traveller, Cookie and The New Yorker.
              Based on the print choices above (which we'll assume they will at least mirror these ad buys with the second round) I believe they're doing two things:

-"introduction" marketing and overall positioning the resorts to a higher-end clientele, not the average tourist or us passholders.

(Perhaps it has worked to some degree, see: [News] - WDW ranked #1 in Customer Satisfaction
              http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75378)

and

-securing really nice original artwork for their administrative offices and for big-ticket advertisers and promotional partners

Here's another note on the continuing campaign:
              Leibovitz, who will soon dress another set of celebrities as Peter Pan, Tinker Bell and Little Mermaid Ariel,
              http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...+david+beckham

Comment

I like those ads. Okay I didn't like Beyonce as Alice because I don't like Beyonce, but they're pretty and you just look at them and go "ohhh pretty. "

Comment

Enlarge
                  By Annie Leibovitz, Disney
                  Rachel Weisz the fairest one of all as Snow White in the latest addition
                  to the Disney Million Dreams campagin shot by photographer Annie Leibovitz.

First look:
                  Stars step into Annie Leibovitz's Disney fairy tale

By Cindy Clark
                  USA TODAY
                  October 31, 2007

Who's the fairest of them all?

When Disney asked that question, actress Rachel Weisz's name came up.
                  She's among the latest celebrities to be featured in the Year of a Million Dreams celebration, which launched in January and has been extended through 2008.

Photographer Annie Leibovitz captured Weisz as Snow White, tennis star Roger Federer as King Arthur, Julie Andrews as the Blue Fairy from Pinocchio and Abigail Breslin as Fira from Disney FairiesSleeping Beauty
                  http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...terstitialskip

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks Weisz looks like a dude in drag in the photo?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X